What I did: NYC (Part Two)


'A national tribute of remembrance and honor to the men, women and children killed in the terror attacks of September 11, 2011 and February 26, 1993'
I guess this is one of them moment when you quietly reflect on life. It was overwhelming and emotional, there was many people who were brought to tears. The memorial has been done in a very thoughtful way, with man made waterfalls catching sunlight that create rainbows sitting in the footprint of the Twin Towers.

Central Park

Even though our hotel was right next to Central Park me and C didn't really explore it. My mum and sister did and said they found a castle, we did have little walks through it, sat on benches dog watching, (best thing ever) and a horse and carriage ride through it. I would have loved to explored central park further but what I did see was beautiful, it makes me wish every city had a park like this, a heart of the community.

We couldn't go to New York and not go to the Zoo. Going to Zoo's make me excited, my favourite part was the Tropic Zone were you step into the heart of the 'Rainforest' were you have many exotic birds flying over your head. C took so many  beautiful photos of them but he hasn't edited any yet. The Zoo flows into a circle so you won't miss anything, even though the Polar Bear was hiding when we went all we could see was a flash of fur hiding in the corner.

Ferry Ride/Statue of Liberty (New York Pass)

We took a ferry ride out to see the Statue of Liberty, this was the first thing I was hoping to see when we were taking the taxi drive to the hotel on the first day, we didn't pass it, the first time we saw it was on one of the bus rides a moment I'll remember. Because of Hurricane Sandy the island is currently closed, but it was still amazing getting to see the statue up close. The ferry ride was nice we were showned historical/popular sights a long the way.

Brooklyn Bridge

They say you can't get to New York without walking over Brooklyn Bridge, every tour guide we met mentioned it, we were told/learnt a lot about its history. We actually took a taxi over to Brooklyn so we could walk back over the bridge, we got told it takes around 45 minutes to walk over, although I'm sure it didn't take us that long, maybe we walked fast? I think this was another one of my favourite things we did while we was there.

These are just a few of the things we did in New York, but some of the main tourist attractions. If you've been/live in New York what are/were your favourite things to see and do? Hopefully I'll get to go back one day.
  1. Im like dying of jealousy! Oh my lord. I can not wait to go!
    xx Eloise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have an amaing time when you do go!

      x

      Delete
  2. Also note that i think your header is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is lovely. I can't remember where I found it.
      x

      Delete
  3. I've lived in New York (and hope to be moving back) and if you go in the summer you can kayak at 77th street (and I think a few other docks) for free! Apparently if you show up at the right time you can also get a guided tour on the river but that could be myth. There's also the free movies in Gramercy Park. Oh and walking the highline is fantastic...and in summer there's a really delicious food stand called pops for the people that does amazing homemade popsicles and shaved ice.

    ReplyDelete

Designed by FlexyCreatives