A Christmassy Swap with Rhiannon

Rhiannon from The Sparkly Panda (one of my fave blogs!) asked me if I would like to do a swap with her, of course I jumped at the chance and said yes. I took part in Rhiannon's Summer Swap and Rhiannon turned out to be the person sending me something so I've been wanting to send Rhiannon something for a while but never dared to ask. When I got my parcel from Rhiannon I wasn't expecting so much, it made me feel slightly guilty for not sending as much. The idea of this swap was to send some handmade items and some store bought items.







Doesn't it just look like Christmas? A part of me wanted to save this for Christmas day but I couldn't resist, I love the reds, whites and greens! Rhiannon wrapped everything up in a Christmas bag and had items in wrapping paper, which always makes it more exciting, mine wasn't wrapped up as nice, wrapping isn't something I've ever been good at. So the handmade items Rhiannon made for me was a gorgeous Christmas tree pillow, its so lovely and I love the fabric. I also got an adorable crochet bear, he is so cute, he also sparkles which you can't tell from the picture. This really makes me wish I could crochet, Rhiannon is very talented. Lastly I got a cute little brooch. The store bought items Rhiannon sent were Shrink plastic, I've seen this all over craft blogs but I am yet to use it, I'm looking forward to trying something new. I also got some Christmas socks and some beauty gifts in the shape of a bath bomb and yummy shower gel and body butter. Thank you Rhiannon.

Mine in comparison isn't as Christmassy and impressive! I was a little skeptical if it would arrive before Christmas so wanted items that resembled Christmas but could be out all year round. I made an embroidery hoop decoration with little Deers around a Christmas tree and of course Snow, the Whale plush was inspired my Rhiannon when I mentioned something on twitter about wanting to buy a Whale ornament she suggested having a go at making one myself, so this little plush is the first Whale I've ever made. I also sent a hanging heat decoration with Owl from Winnie the Pooh. The store bought gifts come up shape of this adorable Owl ornament, I think this is so cute, I bought myself one as well, and some Superman book magnets. I feel like I should send something else to Rhiannon!

Have you took part in any Christmas swaps this year? I still can't believe in Christmas tomorrow, its come round so quickly. I hope everyone has an amazing day!       
  1. The pictures are adorable, love the owl !
    I'm having a giveaway on my blog, win a bottle of Burberry Brit !
    Sara
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Christmas Tree pillow looks pretty fab and your Owl ornament is adorable!
    I've really enjoyed taking part in swaps this year, Rhiannon's Summer Swap and Rosie's Blogger Bookswap and then for Christmas I took part in Hannah Bee's Secret Santa and Janet's Thrifty Christmas Gift Swap!
    Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did my first blogger swap this Christmas and had a lot of fun. That owl is darling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm so glad you like everything! I've always wanted to have a play around with Shrinkies, I had to go and get me a pack after to have a try. I'll have a post up with your swap soon. Thanks so much for doing it, I had so much fun x

    ReplyDelete

Designed by FlexyCreatives