East Midlands meet up

So yesterday I went to my first ever bloggers meet up in Derby. I was so nervous about the whole thing, I tend to get really bad anxiety in situations like this but I managed to push through it and do something completely out of my comfort zone. The day was spent shopping in Westfield, although I didn't buy anything (other than a secret Santa gift) it was nice just walking around, next time I go shopping though I'm going back, Derby has such a better range of shops compared to Nottingham. We then headed to Fat Cafe for food, I had Vegetarian Enchiladas (I've never had Enchiladas before and they were so, so good) followed by a Chocolate Fudge cake with Cream, which was yummy but the portion was so big I couldn't eat it all. On the day I didn't take any pictures except for the above one which is poor quality anyway. 

We were kindly given a very generous bag filled with so many products as well as a lucky dip bag, mine was full off Elemis products and of course our Secret Santa gift, mine being the Stag ornament (thanks Tori.) I'm slightly overwhelmed by the amount of stuff we were given, there are so many companies in here that I haven't heard off, so I can't wait to find out more about them and have a look at the press pack included. 

Have anyone else been to a meet up before? I think its such a nice way to meet local bloggers.

I would just like to say a massive THANK YOU to Emma who ran/put on the whole thing, on top of being a mummy I seriously do not know how you did it, a lot of hard work went into it so well done, you deserve the goodies everyone got you! I had such a nice day. Also for Tori for catching the bus with me otherwise I'm not sure I would have been brave enough to go on my own, and to the people who I spent most of the day with sorry for being slightly quiet , it was really nice meeting all of you (Leah, Lora, Rosalie, Rebecca and Tori.) There were a few people who I had spoken to before on twitter who I didn't say hi to, nerves got the better of me but I hope you all had a lovely day!         
  1. It's wonderful when you get to meet a blogging friend in the flesh. Lucky you having so many near where you live. It sounds like a fun day. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about being nervous meeting up for the first time. It is a little bizarre because you know everyone but don't at the same time. Glad you had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed the day too Hannah! It was so lovely meeting you, I do wish I'd thought to bring my camera too so I could have got pictures of us all :) x

    ReplyDelete

Designed by FlexyCreatives