Craft and Creative blogger meet up.

So on Saturday I headed into Nottingham for the Craft and Creative blogger meet put on by Samantha and Kat. This is the second meet up I've ever been too and again I was really nervous, because unlike before I hadn't really spoken to anyone going. The event was held at the Wired Cafe, due to nerves I waited outside for someone else who would be going and spotted Sally and quickly followed. Wired Cafe is a pretty new Cafe nestled on Pelham Street, the inside was just lovely, although I only had an Orange Juice I couldn't help but eye up all the homemade treats from Chocolate and Raspberry cake to Banana bread and be a little bit curious about the Tea timers.

The bloggers meet was held downstairs with comfy chairs and little tables to rest our food/drink on. In total there was eight of us, we chatted about a mixture of things from regional accents, and of course what kind of crafts we liked. It was really nice just meeting a mixture of creative people who like different types of crafts whether its clothes making (some of the girls were wearing some of the clothes they had made and I couldn't help but be amazed) card making to mixed media. 


After introductions we were each given a goody bag which none us could wait to have a look through, not only that but each of us were told to bring in a gift so we could do a lucky dip. I decided to include a handmade hedgehog in mine as well as heart buttons and a stamp from Paperchase, Daire ended up picking mine, I just hope she liked it since I don't think it looked half as pretty as some as the other gifts but it really did make me smile when some of the girls commented on it saying I could sell these etc. since that is something I would really like to do one day. I ended up picking the gift from Marie, which was some gorgeous fabric, cat buttons and a Cath Kidston tape measure. 


After more drinks we then headed to Cath Kidston to have a look around and then have a talk about the Spring Seasonal trends and products which was really interesting and informative, I definitely learned something. Afterwards we went to the Bead Shop were we had a little demonstration on how to make earrings, this was really interesting, we got taught how to make a hoop, then we got to choose some beads and make our own earrings which was really fun, I ended up making some really girly ones. I have a few jewellery making supplies and stuff for earrings but I had no idea how to use them and although I don't really wear earrings I can't wait to make some more.  

Below is a peek inside the goody bag/lucky dip.

The goody bags were provided by HomeCraftsUk, so inside is a kit to ensemble a card pot and vase, gorgeous floral fabric, glue, some colourful yarn and a complete guide to quilling, I've never tried this before and I've been looking through the booklet and it looks amazing, I really cannot wait to give this a go. 


This was my lucky dip gift, how gorgeous is this fabric? Being a tea lover it is pretty perfect, I also adore the Cat buttons and the Cath Kidston tape will come in useful.

The day was really lovely, I will definitely be going back to the Wired Cafe, I was just want to say a massive thank you to Sam and Kat, Wired Cafe, Cath Kidston, The Bead Shop and HomeCraftsUk. These are the people who attended so please go check out their blogs, Kelly, Daire, Sally, Amy, Samantha, Kat and Marie.
  1. Replies
    1. It really was, glad you had a lovely birthday!

      Delete
  2. I'm SO jealous of that teapot fabric, it's gorgeous! And I absolutely LOVED my gift from you! It was great to meet you on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great meeting you too, glad you liked your gift!

      Delete
  3. Such a shame I'm not a craft blogger as I would have loved to have been involved, it looks like you had a really lovely day - right up my street this one! I'll have to check out the cafe asap! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, the cafe is really nice! And you should come if there ever is another one even if your'e not crafty!

      Delete
  4. Looks like it was such a fun day and the goodie bag looks ace! I was actually in Nottingham on Saturday too :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't wait to try quilling. I hope you had a good time Saturday as well.

      x

      Delete
  5. Oooo I am jealous. Look like you all had a good time and was an awesome goody bag too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was. If there ever is another one you should come!

      Delete
  6. My daughter is the go to girl for quilling here. I don't think I have the patience.
    That fabric was certainly a lucky grab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fabric is beautiful, I was very lucky there.
      I had a go at quilling the other day, it is very fiddly!

      x

      Delete

Designed by FlexyCreatives