My first ever Sewing Machine make.

I say my first ever make, although that's a lie I did do textiles in School and had to make a pillow case which didn't turn out to well. I got the tutorial/purse from issue 24 of Mollie Makes and I knew that if I ever did get a sewing machine it would be the first thing I would make. I've been putting it of for ages, it had been on my bedroom floor for ages but I was too nervous to make it in case it went wrong. But on Thursday after work I finally got the courage to have a go, its only the second time I've been on my sewing machine so I had a few practices then had a go, my first attempt went a little wrong so I had to undo a few stitches and try again thankfully it came out okay. Surprisingly the sewing part turned out to be the easiest part, gluing the clasp onto the purse was a lot more difficult! I plan on having a go at making a tote bag next, so if anyone has any tips please share! 
  1. Hannah, this is fab!! Well done you, I'm really, truly impressed, and you've spurred me on to make a start on my (as yet to be decided!) first sewing machine project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thank you! You really should make a start! Although it is really easy to put off, I think I've been avoiding my sewing machine since I got it, it makes me nervous!

      Delete
  2. It's adorable! I love it! Awesome job xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely....for everything bag haberdashery visit u-handbag online lots of tutorials too...Samantha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'll have to go look at the website now thanks =)
      xx

      Delete
  5. It's so cute! I wish I could still do some textile crafts, I haven't done any since school and even then I was pretty terrible at using the sewing machine aha!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was awful in school, I used to be terrified of going on the sewing machine! You really should start doing it again!

      xx

      Delete
  6. Great coin purse. I love the floral print

    www.highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's so cute!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win nearly £150 of high-end skincare on my blog, if you fancy entering! click here.

    ReplyDelete

Designed by FlexyCreatives