Review - REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask


This is one of those purchases I refer to as 'the blogger made me buy it.' Being someone who suffers from a really dull complexion I immediately added this product to my wish list once I saw how many bloggers were saying how amazing this product was, how it made their skin glow and results are visible after the first use. At the time I couldn't justify spending £30 (for a 50ml bottle) but I signed up to the REN newsletter (also if you sign up to become a member of their site they give you a 10% discount on your favourite product) to see if any offers would come up. In September last year I got an email about their radiance kit, which costs £32 and contains a 50ml Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask, 25ml Micro Polish Cleanser, 10ml Radiance Perfecting Serum, 2ml Resurfacing AHA Concentrate and a travel bag, the kit is great value for money and a great introduction to REN'S radiance products

Onto the Glycolactic Radiance Renewal mask, the product is packed with natural fruit acids such as Pineapple, Passion Fruit and Lemon, and claims to remove dead skin cells to make skin appear brighter, healthier and more radiant while tackling the problem of fine lines and wrinkles and problems that cause acne. To use all you have to do is apply a generous amount all over the face/neck and leave for around ten minutes, the mask is quite thick and the scent reminds me of Oranges. So the first time I used this I guess I was expecting a 'miracle' I left the mask on for ten minutes, so when I took the mask off I expected my skin to look different and to live up to the claims other bloggers have made about seeing an immediate difference, well I didn't see one, my skin wasn't glowing or looked any different at all. The second time I used it I left it on longer than ten minutes, but still I saw no difference with my skin. I continued to use the product once/twice a week for over a month hoping that eventually my skin might look brighter. It didn't this product didn't improve my skin in any way, I was so disappointment, epically after reading so many positive reviews. I won't be buying this product again, have any of you bought something because of a blogger and been disappointed?


REN do not test on animals.

  1. This is such a shame it didn't work for you! I might still give it a go, I recently bought the Invisible Pores mask from REN and I really like it so far.

    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor Vintage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do try it I hope it works for you! The other products were actually really good, its just a shame the mask wasn't.

      xx

      Delete
  2. That's such a shame !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've nominated you for the Liebster award on my blog!
    http://thesparklypanda.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/liebster-award.html

    Rhiannon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this stuff but I didn't get the hype straight away either.
    Try using it when your face is a little damp, it feels a bit tingly so you can actually feel it doing something that way and also, I find that if you follow it up with an exfoliator, just something cheap like one of the Nuetrogena Daily Scrub, you can really see a difference.
    Hope this helps.
    P.s, you're only two away from 100 followers now- I'm follower 98.
    Hope to speak soon,
    Laura xx

    http://lisforladybird.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tip! I'm going to try this tonight hopefully I will notice a difference.
      Awh, thank you for the follow, it means a lot =)

      xx

      Delete

Designed by FlexyCreatives