Recipe - Cookie Dough Brownies

Monday, 24 March 2014
cookie dough brownies
A part of me didn't want to post this photo because its so bad!
One of my friends always used to buy a brownie as part of her school dinner, I used to question this, I had never ate a brownie before and they just looked so dry that I used to avoid them. Then one day said friend made me try some of her brownie after I told her I didn't like them, so I ate the brownie expecting it to crumble in my mouth and leave it all dry, but instead I was greeted with a chocolate gooeyness, it was good. I've been having cravings for brownies for a while, and after I stumbled across cookie dough brownies I knew I had to give them a try. I could not find a recipe for this that wasn't in cups, so I had a go at creating my own. 

For the brownies:
200g Dark Chocolate
125g Butter
2 Eggs
200g Sugar (I used normal sugar here since that's all I had!)
50g Self-raising Flour

Method:
Preheat the over to 190 °C, lined the baking tin with greaseproof paper or grease with butter.
Break the chocolate up and melt the chocolate and butter together over a hob.
Whilst the chocolate/butter are melting begin to whisk the eggs until they are pale and fluffy. Once pale and fluffy add the sugar and whisk until stiff.
One the chocolate/butter has melted, gently stir it into the egg/sugar mixture. Once mixed together begin to add the flour. 
Add the mixture to the baking tray and place into the over for 30-40 minutes, I had to do a little guess work, if anyone has a good way of knowing if brownies are done let me know!
Leave to cool, I cut mine up into bite size pieces. 

For cookie dough:
110g Butter
70g Sugar
140g Plain Flour
Chocolate chips

Method: 
Cream the butter/sugar together, gently add in the flour and chocolate chips until the dough starts to stick together and form a ball. 
To add to the brownies you can spread on before you cut the pieces or mold it on after.
The cookie dough was slightly grainy with the sugar, so if anyone has any tips for raw cookie dough let me know!

4 comments:

  1. I decided to go clean diet this week but its so hard to follow when i see posts like this one!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... cookie dough and brownies together sounds a little bit like heaven. definitely bookmarking this recipe! haha thanks for sharing :)

    Carly
    www.stylesnapshot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put the cookie dough on the bottom, then pour brownie mix on top, sometimes with oroes or ginger snaps in between. Google 'slutty brownies' for loads of similar stuff; super yummy! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, googling now!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top