Review: Egyptian Magic all purpose skin cream

I thought I would hurry up and take a picture of this before the writing had completely rubbed off! I was lucky enough to win this Egyptian Magic in the BeautyBay pass the parcel before Christmas. Being someone who has been obsessed with Ancient Egypt and Cleopatra's famous beauty routine I was happy to receive this, this product is full of natural ingredients including olive oil, beeswax, honey, royal jelly and more. The product can be used all over the body, hair, hands, face etc. 

Firstly I am going to talk about the packaging, as you can see for some reason it has started to rub off I'm not entirely sure why, it doesn't bother me personally but I can imagine it could cause disappointment to others. If I saw this in a shop I'm pretty sure I would just look it over, the blue, white and red doesn't really draw me in and it reminds me of a medical product more than anything, I guess the fact that it has Egypt in its name makes me think of colours such as gold, yellows etc. and it would be nice to see that reflect on the packaging. 

Now the product is described as a cream so when I opened this I expected a white cream to me this is more of a balm, I was also slightly disappointed in the scent I expected it to have a scent of honey or be really sweet but it wasn't, it does have a scent but I don't know how to describe it. To use this product you have to get some in between your fingers and rub it together until it starts to feel oily, being oily and quite a thick product I was quite skeptical about putting this on my face, I thought it might clog my pores and cause my skin to break out. I used it for the first time as a night cream and when I woke up in the morning I immediately saw a difference in the appearance of my skin. I don't think there has ever been a time when I have used a product and noticed a visible difference straight away but my skin looked a lot clearer, it was soft and smooth, my skin was glowing and I was so impressed I've been using it as a night cream ever since and I can imagine it lasting for a long time. 

I am yet to test it on other areas of the body but I may try and use it on my thighs where I have a few stretch marks to see if it'll make a difference. You can read more about the ways to use the product here and for £23.50 it is worth it. When I run out I will be repurchasing!

Have you used this product before?

Egyptian Magic is cruelty free.
  1. I received a few sachets of this in a Birchbox. I use it in my hands and as a night cream too, I agree the results in the morning are wonderful.
    The ink rubbing off the pot would annoy me and it really could do with a redesign, it's should be rich greens and blood reds with gold and azure blue. Still, the packaging wouldn't stop me buying it now I've tried it but I would look past it on the shelf if I didn't know what it was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do think they need a redesign, like you said I would have walked straight pass it if I didn't know what it was!

      Delete

Designed by FlexyCreatives