The Life in Letters Tag

Friday, 21 March 2014

life in letters tag




Another tag post, I spotted this one over on Charlotte Rose's blog and really enjoyed reading her answers, its a bit long-winded (so get comfy) but if you like these kind of posts read ahead!


A is for Animals - I've always had a passion for animals, one thing is my life that I regret is not pursuing a career to work with animals (I'm now in a job that has no future and is pretty meaningless) but who knows what the future holds? I'd love to be able to do volunteer work here or overseas and my dream for when I'm older is to open an animal santuary.


B is for Blogging - when I first started blogging I had no idea what a huge part of my life it would be, it gives me motivation, something to work towards, not only that but getting to know other bloggers has given me so much confidence, in the last 5 months I have been to 3 meet ups, that is something I never thought I would have the confidence to do!
C is for Crafting - crafting is something I have always admired, I always wanted to be a creative person and be able to make things, blogging made me pursue this further and now it is one of my main hobbies, I have a list of projects longer than my arm. Crafting has also made me realise that it is okay not to be perfect, and not to get upset if you fail every now and then, because you can always try again.

D is for Dogs - I couldn't write this post with out mentioning my dogs Rocky and Alfie, my dogs make me happy, I mean who doesn't want to be greeted with cute yaps and wagging tails when they come home?

E is for Exploring - the only thing I've ever really wanted to do is travel, explore the world that we live in, experience new cultures, I love seeing new places and learning new things. 
F is for Fantasy - I am a big fantasy geek, from dragons, to fairy's, a Song of Ice and Fire to the 10th Kingdom. Its the little girl in me who is still disappointed that I didn't stumble across a magical land and get to go on quests.

G is for Goals - I am a list maker, completing goals makes me happy. I have a few major goals in my life, hopefully I can make some of them a reality.
H is for Home - the fact that I don't own my own house yet depresses me but I do love where I live, everything just feels better when I'm here.
I is for Inspiration - so many things inspire me, other bloggers, films, books, getting inspired is such a good feeling, it makes me feel like anything is possible, I can conquer dreams etc.
J is for January - my birth month, even though January is considered a depressing month, the excitement of Christmas and New Years is over, I like it, I get some time off and in January my motivation is always high.
 
K is for (the) Killers - the Killers have and always will be my favourite band.
L is for Learning - I love learning new things, at the moment I really want to learn a new language but I'm not sure whether to do an online course or try something else (any tips?) Something else I would like to learn this year is herbalism.
M is for Music - music makes me smile, it can remind me of old times, make me feel better, nothing quite beats getting lost in a musical bubble.

N is for Noise - I love piece and quiet, but its the familiar noises I love, the tweeting of birds, the gentle of hum of cars going past, the sound of my dogs feet on the wooden floor boards.
O is for Organisiation - I don't like mess, just looking at it irritates me, I like everything to have its own little place.

P is for Planning - after reading and commenting on a discussion on twitter about the question 'Where do you see yourself in five years?' it got me thinking, as much as I love planning, crossing things of my to do lists, completing goals. I have no idea where I will be in five years, my wants and needs right now might be different. When I was 16 I thought by the time I was 23, I would have a good job, my own house etc. but life doesn't turn out that way, there will be exciting times, and bad ones, life will bring up opportunities you might never realised you wanted. A part of me likes not knowing where I might be in five years, yes its scary but if I can do something I enjoy for a little while, I'll be happy. I couldn't agree more with 'Life is what happens when you're busy making plans' my sister has the next ten years of her life mapped out, finish Uni, go traveling, get a teaching job, buy a house, marriage then kids, although its nice and I want her to have those things, sometimes life isn't that simple.
Q is for Quotes - When I first started reading blogs, it used to be pictures of quotes, some of them got how I was feeling, made me fell less alone, others inspired me. I don't know reading quotes just makes me feel better.
R is for Reading - I will never understand people who don't enjoy reading, my boyfriend doesn't read, I used to have a best friend who thought it was cool not to read... 
S is for Stationery - I may be a bit of a stationery addict, pretty notebooks, washi tape, colourful pens, I have too many but I need more.
T is for Tattoos - I only have two at the moment, but relating back to reading I plan on having 'A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives only one' tattooed on my arm. Its' from A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin.
U is for Unusual - unusual things interest, eerie stories, the unexplained etc. things like that have me fascinated for hours.
 
V is for Vegetarianism - I've been a vegetarian since I was eleven, people often ask me why and in all honesty I love the taste of meat but I don't think I have the right to eat animals, so I don't. 
 
W is for Writing - writing, another one of my career goals. Write a book, work for a magazine etc.
X is for Xena - maybe this is how my fantasy addiction started. I used to watch this show with my dad, I made my friends watch it, then we used to act it out in my garden, we used to have this wooden stick that looked like the one Gabrielle used to carry...
Y is for Yes - I'm not about to start saying yes more because sometimes that can be bad for you, but rather than saying my usual answer of 'no' when its comes to doing things, instead think about it before I make a decision. 
Z is for Zzz - I love sleep, I probably sleep to much but sleep is good.

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top