The Little Things

Sunday, 30 March 2014
Getting paid and spending far too much money in Boots, I picked up some Black Cherry tealights on 3 for 2 for my Mum, as well some Crabtree and Evelyn hand cream. I also picked up the Sleek contour kit, I've used it but I have no idea if I'm doing it right or if I just look odd... I also got some new make up brushes, which again I have no idea how to use (share your makeup tips!) And having to wear the worse foundation for the last two weeks I finally got to replace it with my fave.

It feels like forever since I've sat down and wrote a letter, I love sending and receiving Snail Mail, nothing quite beats happy mail and of course the endless amount of cute stationery that goes with snail mail makes it even more fun. Do you like sending Snail Mail?

On Friday C bought me season three of Game of Thrones (as well as a tub of Ben and Jerrys Cookie dough ice cream which was quickly devoured...) Last night my Sister rang me because she had just watched the Red Wedding for the first time and was in shock, I can't wait for season four to begin, but I'm also wondering how long will it be for the next book to come out!? Do any of you watch Game of Thrones or have read A Song of Ice and Fire?


What little things have been making your week?

15 comments:

  1. I love real techniques brushes, the buffing brush is amazing for foundation and I love using the little foundation brush for setting my undereye concealer with powder. Love game of thrones too, I haven't watched season 3 yet as me and the other half have to watch it together and we havn't had the time yet, hope you enjoyed the cookie dough! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, I tried using the foundation brush but it was too small going to try the buffing brush instead. And enjoy Game of Thrones, I hope this post didn't reveal too much!

      Delete
  2. I adore snail mail! Writing and recieving letters is the loveliest thing, I can spend ages decorating envelopes. I'm jealous of your boots goodies too, I'm on a bit of a spending ban at the moment and I do miss it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your spending ban is going well! and mail is the best, it makes me happy seeing a pretty package come in the post!

      Delete
  3. Ooh the Estée Lauder double wear sounds good from all the reviews I've heard, glad to hear it's one of your favourites! I don't know much about makeup brushes, I just buff in makeup and hope that it turns out ok.. And wash them frequently but gently! :) x

    Kathryn | effievanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am slight hopeless when it comes to make up, I wish I had someone to do it for me!
      x

      Delete
  4. I know what you mean about snail mail! I love a good letter -I haven't sent one in years though, I need to change that! I love the little writing set!

    Jenn | PhotoJennic

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oo you really should start writing letters again, I couldn't remember the last time I sent one before last year, so much nicer than just getting bills in the mail!

      Delete
  5. Hey Hannah,
    Thought I'd come across and say hello on your blog- from #craftblogclub. Loving your stuff, I'm following you now on Bloglovin'.
    Pop over to mine and say hi if you like, I'm on Bloglovin' as well.
    Gayle x
    http://makethriftlovelife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS Love Game of Thrones. New series next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah I love game of thrones!! I've read the first three books but I'm behind on the tv series Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The books are amazing! I love the TV show but some of the slight difference annoy me a little.

      Delete
  8. Hi Hannah! I swear by the Real Techniques brushes - Pixiwoo and Real Techniques both have YouTube channels which will show you how best to use them x The buffing brush is perfect for the double wear foundation as it helps apply it quickly before it sets x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, need to watch the videos, I had no idea what to do with these when I first used them, it didn't go too well!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top