Crafting gone wrong - Art marbling.

Wednesday, 23 April 2014

On Sunday I thought I would have a day spent crafting, so I dug out one of my CC kits to have a go at Art Marbling, I laid down an old towel, found an old bowel, and got the kit set up. The plan was to blog about the creations I came up with and how I found the kit. The kit came with water solution, paints, fabric, a pendant and paper to practice on. I sat for a while watching tutorials, I've done marbling once before, a very lone time a go in school and I'm sure the teachers did all the work... 
Anyway, I was excited to give it a try and before I took any photos I had a few practice runs with blue and white paint, some came out okay.

Next, I thought I would have a go with the fabric that came with the kit and try out this star design. So I got the paints I wanted set up in a row, shook them all and started dotting them into the water, this is where I got into trouble, when I squeezed some of the paint pots nothing came out, the paint just wouldn't budge so on a few I gently squeezed them with my teeth (a bad idea right there...) but it worked, until I got to the green paint, it wouldn't budge when I squeezed it so I used my teeth and the whole thing exploded, it went everywhere, on me, on my camera, on some of the designs I tried with the blue and white paint and most annoyingly landed in the water solution, I only had one bottle and it was ruined. So I poured it all away.

In the kit we also got something that looks like salt, no idea what it is because I couldn't find anything to tell what it is used for... I made a guess and added some of it to tap water in hopes it might thicken the water, which from the above picture you can see it didn't work so the paint sank. Any tips here would be helpful how do you make thickened water? I was pretty disappointed by the end of it so packed everything anyway.
I'm going to salvage what I do have, and use them in card making! 
I'd love to hear about your last experience when crafting went wrong!

4 comments:

  1. I love the look of the blue designs! :) Sorry to hear it went slightly wrong; crafting can be so temperamental :L

    Much love,
    Jennifer x

    artstylelove.com
    fashyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue and white ones look lovely. Shame about the green paint, I vaguely remember doing a bit of marbling at school but like you said, the teachers did all the hard work so I have no idea what to do about the water

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blue and white designs they look great! That sucks about the green paint though. I remember doing it while I was brownies and I think we got to sort of help...
    Lauren | OhHay Blogs!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well the blue and white designs look ace! Really pretty actually! Give CC a tweet they'll help you straight away x

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top