Review - Bourjois' Paris Happy Light Matte Serum Primer

Wednesday, 9 April 2014
Usually when it comes to foundation I buy high end, but sometimes when its half way through the month I'll run out and have to replace it with a high street one because I can't afford to buy it. I'd also just run out of the Laura Mercier primer I had been using and went a couple of days without it and noticed that my skin started to break out more, so I had a look for a more affordable one!


I picked up this Bourjois' Paris Happy Light Matte Serum Primer (£10.99) from boots. I've always been a fan of packaging that is clear, I like seeing how much product I have left so I know when I'll need to repurchase/replace. This bottle has a pump dispenser making sure you'll use every last drop of product. Now there are things I really like about the product and things I dislike, the product is pale pink, and claims to hide pores and blemishes for a velvety soft result. I really like how this product made my skin look before I applied foundation, it made my skin feel smooth while making pores and blemishes look smaller, it doesn't take a long time to set in but one thing I have notice is that if I rub my skin in some areas, the primer will roll up into little bits. The main reason why I buy primer is to protect my skin and help my foundation stay in place, my skin was a lot clearer once I started using primer again, but if I touched my face the foundation would come off, as well visible wear appearing throughout the day (I really do think this was because I was using a foundation that isn't that good, I would love to try this product with my normal foundation to see the results.) Lastly, although I bought this product to save money I had to use quite a lot of product to cover my whole face, I ended up using half of the bottle in two weeks, so although I thought it would save me money compared to the Laura Mercier which cost me £29 in the long run it wouldn't, the Laura Mercier one lasted me over three months! 

Even though this product wasn't what I was looking for I really like the Bourjois line and I can't wait to try more of their products. 

What are your favourite Bourjois products?

*Bourjois are against animal testing

3 comments:

  1. The Bourjois CC cream is really good and only a few spots are needed to cover the whole face. It is a shame that this is a disappointment :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. How strange it is that primer helps keep your blemishes at bay! I might have to try that - I always find myself halfway through foundation that I've forgotten to prime.

    Also it's so weird that the product rolls into clumps + that you've finished it in ~2 weeks time!

    Anita @ AllThingsAnita

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too was disappointed with the primer that I tried from Bourjois and couldn't believe after reading the bottle after buying it that it cost for much for only 15ml of product. It's such a shame this didn't work for you. I love the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation, it's amazing!

    Laura x | Life and Lipstick

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top