Book Review - The Three by Sarah Lotz*

Monday, 12 May 2014
the three by sarah lotz review


‘They’re here … The boy. The boy watch the boy watch the dead people oh Lordy there’s so many … They’re coming for me now. We’re all going soon. All of us. Pastor Len warn them that the boy he’s not to–’ The last words of Pamela May Donald (1961 – 2012) Black Thursday. The day that will never be forgotten. The day that four passenger planes crash, at almost exactly the same moment, at four different points around the globe. There are only four survivors. Three are children, who emerge from the wreckage seemingly unhurt. But they are not unchanged. And the fourth is Pamela May Donald, who lives just long enough to record a voice message on her phone. A message that will change the world. The message is a warning.

Reading the plot of this book had me intrigued straight away and the fact its been recommend for fans of Lost enticed me even more. Just reading the plot makes me want to pick it up again. It was gripping, it didn't take me long to read but when I did put it down my mind was just thinking about it (to the point I was at work and I was going to start talking about it and stopped myself because nobody would have a clue what I was on about.) Anyway the book is within in a book, the event that is known as 'Black Thursday' and the events that came after are discussed in a book called 'From Crash to Conspiracy' by Elspeth Martins a journalist who has collected numerous different accounts interviews, IM chats, voice recordings, newspaper articles and more. I'm a big fan of conspiracy theories anyway, and the two big ones discussed in this book about the three surviving children are aliens and the fourth horsemen (there are a few links to websites in the book and I decided to google some to see if they were real websites, but they weren't.) After the book is finished, there is a letter from the author, then an account of what happened to her after 'From Crash to Conspiracy' was released. 

The ending left you to draw up your own conclusion, I'm all for ambiguous endings but sometimes I just want a straight answer, I want to know what has happened and that's what I wanted with this book and didn't get, my mind was left with a few questions and thoughts after reading this.

I really enjoyed this book, I would highly recommend it if you love horror, reading about conspiracies, mysteries  etc. You can watch the trailer for the book here and read a sample of it here (which I would love to hear your thoughts on!) The book is due for release on the 22nd May and you can pre-order it here, and if you do read it let me know, I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas!

*This book was sent to me for reviewing purposes, all thoughts and opinions are my own.

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like my kind of book! Away to have a read of the preview now, thanks for the post :)

    Hannah

    www.banananabeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it! You'll have to let me know what you think of the preview!

      Delete
  2. I've seen quite a bit about this book and I really fancy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to let me know if you pick up a copy, it was such a good read, still thinking about it now!

      Delete
  3. I agree - reading that blurb right at the top of your post and I am SO interested! I'm not one for horror but I do enjoy a conspiracy theory that really makes you think, and I would like to expand my reading genre - I think I will have this book on my radar thanks! Though my to-read-pile is ever mounting I may have to leave it a while...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had me hooked straight away! Let me know if you do get a copy, I have a never ending list of books to read just no pennies =(

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top