Review - Geco Organic Chlorella Powder*

I think everyone wants to eat that bit healthier, but with working and a million other tasks it's so much easier to reach for a bar of chocolate or pop a microwavable meal on. As an attempt to get more fruit and vegetables in my diet I've started drinking more Smoothies/Juices, they always fill that gap up in my stomach to prevent me from snacking. I've always been fascinated by food and the health benefits they offer us, I must admit with a lot of foods that offer us health benefits, they tend to look and taste a bit weird... And the latest one I've been tying is just that, I've been adding Chlorella powder to my morning smoothies/juices. So what exactly is Chlorella? Chlorella is a blue-green algae (who knew you could eat/drink algae?) found in places such as China. This algae offers loads of health benefits such as source of vitamin b12, as well as a lot of other vitamins and minerals, it helps promote general well-being and more.



The powder comes packaged in a recyclable resealable packet, whic is simple in design but tells you everything you need to know, the product also states its place of Origin and suitability for Vegetarians and Vegans! When this arrived on my door step, I did a little research on the product and learnt that Chlorella is a detoxification tool to help eliminate accumulated toxins in the body. Now I was planning on taking a picture of everything I used this in, but since the blue-green colour of this is so strong everything turned the same colour, so it would have made no difference at all. Now you are recommended to put one/two teaspoons of the powder into your drink, for me the taste was over powering when I used two teaspoons, I won't lie I had to force myself to drink it, it's a taste you have to get used to (I used to hate green tea when I first started drinking it but now love it.) Something that I did notice straight away after using Chlorella powder is that I felt more alert and awake (a big deal for me, I am tired a lot of the time.) I've only been using this product for a short time but I am interested to see if I notice any other differences.   


A few ways I've tried the Chlorella powder are:

Smoothie 1 - Milk of your choice (I used Dairy.) One banana, honey and a teaspoon of Chlorella blended together. I think this one was my favourite, the taste wasn't too overpowering and the taste of the honey and banana wasn't lost.

Smoothie 2 - Milk of your  choice (I used Almond Milk.) A handful of Spinach leaves, honey, natural yoghurt and a teaspoon of Chlorella. This one tasted more water downed that the previous smoother, maybe because I used Almond milk instead? To thicken it out next time I plan on adding more yoghurt.

Juice - Orange Juice, a handful of Spinach leave, natural yoghurt and a teaspoon of Chlorella. This one wasn't to bad, would like to see how the Chlorella taste with other juices. 

Is Chlorella something you would try? You can find out more here and amazon have a wide range of geco products available. The amazon product page is easy to use, with each product having a good and informative description about each product and their health benefits.  

*This product was sent to be for reviewing purposes, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
  1. This sounds really cool! I'm on such a healthy drink kick as of recent and something like this seems great to have at home! I'm not much of a smoothy person but if you're able just to have the powder mixed with like milk or water then this would probably still appeal to me? May look into buying this! thank you! :D
    Lauren | OhHay Blogs!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the idea of it, you can just mix it into juice/water but I would blend it just to make it smoother!

      Delete

Designed by FlexyCreatives