Spring #DICraftSwap and Geek craft swap sign up!

So last month I set up my own craft swap, I used to take part in a swap every month and then for some reason they just stopped, I missed them a lot, craft swaps for me are a great way to try new things and get creative. I've been contemplating starting one myself for a while but wasn't sure if people would be interested, then I was joining in with #Craftblogclub last month and ended up talking to Gayle which prompted me to start one.

So the theme I chose for April was SPRING, I thought it would be a nice easy theme. This time around nine people (including myself) signed up to take part, which was more than I expected. Since the amount of people joining in landed on an odd number I decided that the fairest way would be for everyone send to someone different (the person you're sending something to wasn't the person who was sending you a parcel.) Thankfully it all ran/went smoothly.

The person who sent me items was Sophie, my parcel arrived way earlier than I expected, the first out of everyone's to arrive! Sophie has a gorgeous little crafty blog, with lots of lovely DIY's.
As you can see my parcel came so lovingly wrapped with pastel colours, polka dots, stripes and handmade paper bunting! As I opened everything I tried to be delicate, I like keeping tissue paper to recycle...

Sophie sent me some Cath Kiston hand lotion, a perfect gift for me, my hands are always so dry after work, I'm using the Bluebell one at the moment and it smells divine! - Handmade heart bunting, this is going to go above my window - Two bars of Lindt chocolate, I had to stop myself from eating these so I could get a picture, they were so yummy, I want more! - Some blue gingham fabric which I plan on using to make some Elephants on my sewing machine.

Sophie sent me a little box which was filled with craft supplies such as this fabric, thread, doilies, buttons and more!

Sophie also made me a sequin tote bag with the word 'yaho' written on it, yaho is meant to be a friendly greeting in Japanese. Sophie has a tutorial here if you want to have a go at making your own. I also love this feather card and Sophie wrote a sweet little note inside after reading my little sister rant on here a while ago! Thank you so much Sophie! I was spoilt! 

I ended up sending to Jenny, who is amazing at crochet!

Of course I had to include some kind of softie, and nothing says Spring like a ladybird, I also make a dream catcher since I wanted to use up some materials I already had. Now I had a completely different idea for the embroidery hoop but ended up not liking it but liking the 'Home is where the heart is' and the flowers I had already stitched on. It took me ages to think of something to add to it and since Jenny loves Pokemon I chose a spring related one Butterfree. I didn't take a picture of what gift I sent, I did have a quick peak at it before I posted it but it was wrapped up nicely already, but this is what I sent. Not Spring related but I hope Jenny likes it since she is a game of thrones fan!

If you want to see what everyone else sent/received use #DICraftSwap on twitter and instagram and below are a few blog posts about the swap.
Gayle - Rhiannon - Jenny (What I sent) - Sarah - Sophie - Sally - Hannah


GEEK CRAFT SIGN UP.
The rules - If you would like to take part email me the answers to the questions below (daintyandivory@yahoo.co.uk) with Geek Craft Swap in the subject line, the last day to sign up is 16th May with partners being sent out around the 17th. You must include one handmade item and a small bought gift costing the minimum of £3. All parcels must be sent/received by the 10th June. People from outside the UK welcome to join in.

Name - Address Age (optional!!!!) - Links to blog/twitter/instagram etc. - Your likes/interests (favourite colours etc.) - A geeky thing about you and your geek loves. - Anything else you think might me helpful. - Also please state if you would like to ship international or not.
  1. I'm still uber giddy with excitement and telling my little sister all bout what I got in the post and my plans for the geek swap - and she couldn't care less! Sisters eh? Your gifts were so thoughtful and beautiful thank you so much :) and your gift looks gorgeous too, the bag is beautiful and all the sweeter for the greeting on it :) can't wait for the geek swap! And I'm just sitting down to blog about my #DICraftSwap
    jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, so happy that you liked what I sent. Ahh sisters, mines the same! I don't even bother showing her because she would find it lame and weird. Glad you excited for the Geek craft swap, you and Rhiannon inspired me for that theme!

      Delete
  2. Love blogger swaps but I've only ever done one! Let me know when the next one is please? :P
    Lauren | OhHay Blogs!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do =) although you should take part now!!

      Delete
  3. Super cute gifts! I'd love to be part of the geek swap, but I've got a wedding to plan till end on June, so that would be a little too much to take on I think. Waiting for the next one then :)
    Cheers, Anni
    bastelbazooka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the wedding/planning goes well! hopefully I will see you getting involved in future swaps!

      Delete
  4. I had so much fun taking part. I can't wait for the next one x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! so glad you took part! and me too! You and Jenny inspired this one!

      Delete
  5. I love this idea, I'll need to pop back for the next one (no time this month!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, I will see you getting involved in future ones!

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful idea! I'd love to get involved in a future one but I'm afraid my contributions wouldn't be half as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see you get involved! And thanks, but I love that everyone has a different skill level, or favourite crafts!

      Delete

Designed by FlexyCreatives