The Little Things

C bought me a gift card for WHSmith at the start of the week so on Monday before work I had a look round, they have quite a few offers on at the moment. I've always wanted to read 'Looking for Alaska' by John Green so I picked that up and got 'Divergent' by Veronica Roth as part of the buy one get one for £1 deal! They also had a deal on for buy one get one half price, so I settled on 'Best Served Cold' by Joe Abercrombie and mistakenly picked up 'Our Trafic Universe' by Scarlett Thomas thinking it was part of the offer but it wasn't! Either way I picked up a mixture of different genres, although I can't wait to get stuck into 'Best Served Cold!' I do love fantasy. Have any of you read any of these books? Would love to hear your thoughts.


Yesterday me and my Mum went to a little retail park, went to Starbucks for a Caramel Cream Frappuccino and had Fruit bread, which was yummy. We ended up in Next were I bought a baby pink top, a little white vest top to go underneath and some floral Espadrilles, if you didn't know by now I have a thing for florals... It's rare that I buy new clothes, I have other things to spend money on so new clothes often gets overlooked, but it did feel nice to treat myself! 




Having time to craft! I wish I could make time for lots of other thing to, like writing, I've finally gotten through a major writers block, with a mind full of ideas but rarely have the time to sit down and write. Today I've started working on some plush pieces such as these two hanging Whale oraments, and just to highlight the kind of mess I make when I craft... My contract at work is changing at the end of May so instead of having two days of, I will now have four, which I'm happy about because I'll have more time to focus on other things!!

What little things have made your week?
  1. Aww, the whales are adorable, although that's a lot of mess for two little whales!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =) Although the mess was from the other day when I was trying out die cutting! I'm so unorganised!!

      Delete
  2. Those whales are adorable! I so want to read Divergant do let me know what you make of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =) They'll be a blog post about it once I've read it!

      Delete
  3. Your plush creations are so gorgeous, and those whales are perfect :)
    a bit of retail therapy with a frappacino sounds marvellous - my little thing this week was taking myself to my favourite independant coffee shop and reading for an hour just detached from everything for a bit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =)
      that sounds like bliss, I'm always too nervous to do things like that!

      Delete
  4. I love posts like these :) My little things this week - met up with some lovely creative ladies to discuss marketing for a local theatre festival, had a lovely burger date with the boy, watched the new episode of Hannibal and had lunch outside in the sun x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds perfect, I still need to catch up on Hannibal!!! and the local theatre festival sounds fun, I hope it all goes well!

      Delete
  5. Love it when WHSmith have deals on- seems to be whenever a shop has deals on books my bank account balance goes down awfully quickly! and those Whales are adorable.
    Lauren | OhHay Blogs!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't live with that mess.. not that I wouldn't be capable of it, I used to craft at home and make this mess, BUT now I have a cat and all those little things & paper. would spread in the whole house. bet would be fun for her. :d

    *those shoes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! Those whales are so so soooooo cute! I wish I had a little crafting area, because whenever I do so in my room, it's annoying when I have to clean it up when i've not finished something :( x
    | Life as a Petite |

    ReplyDelete

Designed by FlexyCreatives