5 ways I cheer myself up.

The other day I was having one of those, I wanted to bury myself in my quilt and feel sorry for myself. I was upset over lots of little things stress, relationship issues, having to pull out of an event this weekend which I was really looking forward to (due to something popping up last minute.) I could have stayed like that all day, just moping around being on the brink of tears instead I decided to cheer myself up, act a little silly etc. so I thought I would compile a little list of things I do when I need to cheer myself up.

Listen to music, the other night I started off listening to music I haven't heard in years, from bands I used to love such as Cobra Starship (it has to be cheesy, fun music that you can sing a long to) the next minute I was jumping on the bed belting out Sum 41's fat lip with burst of giggles escaping my lips (and of course me thinking I was going to pass out because my body couldn't handle me jumping on the bed and singing at the same time.) By the end of the night I was worn out but felt so happy and clearly I'm going to have to do this more because it kind off counts as exercise right?
 
Spending time with my dogs, seriously my dogs do some of the weirdest, silliest things that I can't help but laugh. Also turning to youtube and searching for funniest animal videos or searching for cute pictures of animals can never fail to put a smile on anyone's face (if they don't what is wrong with you???)

Talking to an old friend, does anybody else have one of those friends who they rarely see and talk to but you have catch ups and you talk about everything and its like you've never been away from each other or haven't spoke in so long. I love that, it makes me feel happy that I can have someone like that.

Eat chocolate, I know this is a big no for a lot of people but chocolate instantly puts me in a better mood. I just love chocolate and most fatty food.

Focus on something else. Its really easy to let negative thoughts take over so I always try and do something else, whether its crafting, reading a book, watching a film etc. 

These are just a few of the things I do to cheer my self up, I'd love to hear what you do to put yourself in a better mood.



  
  1. Lovely post Hannah. I find it hard to distract myself with crafting and reading because my mind still ticks over grr but I love to put my tunes in my ears when the babies are asleep and go nuts haha I watch cat videos on YouTube so frickin funny!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =) Music always helps!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you =) Music and animals always help!!

      Delete
  2. I have a cup of tea! I nearly always feel better after a cuppa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh tea, this has made me want one now =)

      Delete
  3. I tend to craft a lot, especially when i'm stressed, following a pattern takes my head of thinking about something, that an sticking a pile of old vinyl on the record player.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go outside and just look around, notice what's there, even if it's just my garden, it's nice to get away from everything and just get some air... mostly though I go to the beach, all weathers and just stare at the sea, it's huge and brings my little life into prespective... but I guess I'm lucky to live close by. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going outside makes me happy, if only I lived near the beach!

      Delete
  5. I love this thanks for sharing!

    blousesandblush.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really enjoyed reading this post! I love my dogs, they're one of my biggest sources of comfort, too.

    In Katie's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Knitting de-stresses me like nothing else, I can actually feel tension in my body if I don't knit for more than 2 days, luckily it's not difficult to do a little everyday! OH I LOVE cobra starship! I haven't listened to them for aaaaaages I will look them up again next time I need cheering up! And well done you fighting the urge to mope :) I'll be taking a leaf out of your book next time I feel down :) I always have a chocolate stash ready to go ;) jenny xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I used to love them!! You should play them next time you're feeling down!

      Delete
  8. Spending time with my dog and eating chocolate helps me too!. Reading blogs helps me or just scrolling through the internet watching youtube videos with a cup of tea . ahaha ( What a wild life I have ) This was such a good post idea.Really loved reading this :) x

    Cait || http://caitrionatighe.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete

Designed by FlexyCreatives