Crabtree & Evelyn Handy Tips Event

On Friday evening I attended the handy tips event at Crabtree & Evelyn in Nottingham along with a few local bloggers (I was kindly invited along by Gemma who helped organise the Nottingham event, you may have seen a few bloggers posting about the evening since its being held nationwide.) The handy tips event is all about sharing beauty tips that have been passed down from friends/family from generation to generation.
Although Crabtree & Evelyn is a brand I have heard off (I've purchased a few hand lotions from them for my Mum before) its not a brand I have used myself, I've also never visited one of their stores before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. 
On arrival we were warmly welcomed by Jamie and the Nottingham Crabtree & Evelyn team, after a quick chat about the event we were told to write a tip down and add it to the beautiful #CrabtreeHandyTips tree, in exchange we were given a £5 voucher. My tip was to drink a glass of water before you go to bed and first thing in the morning. I tend to suffer from bad skin and this really works for me! There were a few tips involving feet, which I've taking note of especially the ones about putting lotion on before bed and wearing bed socks for smooth, soft feet in the morning. I'd love to hear about any beauty tips you may have you can also add your handy tip here to be in the chance of winning a family photography experience. 


We were also provided with drinks and a lovely spread of food that I nibbled on (really I could have eaten most of it but didn't want to stuff my face in front of everyone...) We were left to explore the wide range of products that they had on offer, did you know they Crabtree & Evelyn also do food and tea related products? Which come in the prettiest of packaging. I tried a few of their fragrances and added the Venetian Violet Flower Water (£45) to my wishlist the scent reminds me of Palma Violets. Throughout the night we were given opportunities to try out the product as well as having our hands pampered with a scrub (I opted for pomegranate) followed with a hand massage (opting for the citrus hand lotion) my hands were left feeling so soft and smooth afterwards, handcare is something I really need to start introducing into my daily/weekly routine, I work in a loading bay which means dry and horrible hands! 



Afterwards we all posed for photographs, as well as having polaroids take (I really need a Polaroid camera!) They also did a raffle to win one of the 60 second kits for hands, Leah won the first one but since she had left early they decided to pick again for someone there, luckily for me my number came up (yay) I opted for the Rosewater 60 second kit which I can't wait to use.

We were also kindly supplied with a goody bag containing hand lotion, nail varnish, a body lotion sample and some chocolate!

It was a really lovely night! It was so nice seeing people so passionate about the company they work for. I'd like to say a big thank you to Jamie, Gemma and the Crabtree and Evelyn team! It was great to see some bloggers I have met before, as well as meeting new ones although there were a few people who I didn't really get to chat too. It was mentioned on the night but before I'd say the end of last year I really had no idea how many local bloggers to me there were, and its so nice getting to see everyone and how a little blogging community (I hope that doesn't sound too cheesy?) Below is a list of everyone who attended so plase go check them out on twitter and visit their blogs!
  1. Never actually heard of this brand before but I need to check them out now- especially for the food and drink! Great to see that you had a lovely evening!
    Lauren | OhHay Blogs!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should, I'll be doing a review of the products I got soon! And I tied some of the biscuits on the night and they were so yummy!!

      Delete

Designed by FlexyCreatives