Etsy Craft Party!

Tuesday, 10 June 2014
On Friday the 6th June, all across the world people were getting involved in the Etsy Craft Party. The theme for this years craft party was 'Recapture, to bring new meanings to photographs.' I headed to the one in Nottingham, with a stash of photographs, a magazine and card, not knowing what to expect, I've never been to a craft party before. The event was held in Spanky Van Dykes (formally The Horn in the Hand) a place I spent most of my teenage years getting drunk... I had to endure one of the awkward moments when you step into a place alone and everyone stares at you and I could see no signs telling me where to go! So I casually walked to the toilet hoping I would get signal on my phone and try and tweet someone, it didn't work but thankfully I ran into Katie I then noticed a sign saying 'Craft Party upstairs.'

























I didn't take too many photos, the lighting was a little odd upstairs and I had C's camera which I have no idea how to use. Upstairs was decorated with pretty handmade decorations, while the tables were set up with different workstations. The first one I tried was decorating a photograph with thread, I was awful at this so after destroying my photograph I moved onto something else. The next one I had a go at was turning a magazine into a clutch, this is something I've always wanted to do but thought it would be hard, once you know how to do it you realise how easy it is! I turned a batman comic into a clutch! Next up I tried badge making, which was easy and fun, I'm pretty sure I could spend a lengthy time making badges. There were two other workstations that I didn't have a go at! At around three those who had bought raffle tickets sat down to watch it being drawn for the chance to win a selection of handmade goodies, unfortunately for me I was unlucky (sad face.) The event wrapped up around four, so I headed off to look for something to eat settling on a croissant because I couldn't find anything else. I'm not really sure the craft party was what I expected but it was a different way to spend an afternoon and I'm interested in going to more.

Have you ever been to a craft party before, what did you think?
If any of you attended the etsy party please share any posts!

8 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to go to one, the idea of it sounds like so much fun so it would be nice if one was held nearby here one day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish there was more, this is the first one I've heard off!

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of these before but I really want to know how to turn a magazine into a clutch! Post please :-)

    Jaq @ www.lazydaysbeauty.com
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to do a DIY after I get some supplies!

      Delete
  3. I love your batman clutch! I've never been to a craft party before - I'm intrigued by them but I'm not good at thinking on the spot about what to do creatively

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not either, especially when it came to sewing on pictures people had so many good ideas and I didn't know what to do.

      Delete
  4. that looks amazing, and the batman clutch excellent! I'm super jealous - wouldn't have known about a craft party if it hit me in the face but sounds awesome would love to go to one, any hints on how to find one would be appreciated :) jenny xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm lucky they hosted an etsy one near me. I will let you know if I ever hear of any more happening!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top