Review - Sugru*

sugru review
How many of you have heard of Sugru? I was so intrigued by this product that I had to give it a try. Sugru is a self-setting rubber, that bounds itself to a wide variety of surfaces including steel, ceramics, glass, wood, fabrics and more, as well as being waterproof, being electrically insulating, UV resistant and temperature resistant. It sounds like a handy product to have around for DIY's and those with a make do and mend attitude towards things. Sugru gives you a wide range of ideas and ways to try this product from adding grips to objects, patching up walking shoes, adding it to your phone and more (you can visit their site for more ideas!) In each packet (£12.99) you get 2 Red, Yellow and Blue pieces and 1 Black and White pieces, inside the packet they aslo give you a chart, to show you how to make other colours which is pretty useful! 
After seeing a few crafty projects with Sugru I decided to create a bookmark... 
Now when its come to things like clay etc. I am the worst for using it, it doesn't turn into the shape I would like, the colours smudge everywhere, it never comes out well. So I was unsure whether I would be able to make anything! Thankfully the texture of this was a lot more soft and moldable compared to clay, I would say it was a lot like play dough. To use the product all you have to is wash your hands, open, roll in fingers and apply/form to surface and leave for 24 hours to cure.
sugru review
So here is the end result! A Japanese inspired bookmark. Sugru was really easy to work with and even though it is rubber, it really didn't feel like it! I have lots of the product left so I can't wait to use it on some other things and maybe use it for more home DIY this time, I'm thinking some hooks. The only thing I can fault with Sugru is that the black does smudge if you are working with other colours, so be careful! What would you use Sugru for? I really think its such a handy product and the possibilities are pretty endless.

*This product was sent to me for reviewing purposes, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
  1. This is so cute!! Such a good crafty product :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an amazing product really! I probably wouldn't try it brand new for the price - did you get a lot in a pack?- but if I could give it a go and make a product as nice as your bookmark I totally would buy it :) Im sure I could make a pokeball pen topper or charm for some jewellery :) jenny xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome. Want to get my hands on this- sounds like a great product! I think if I were to make something myself I would either make a little ornament piece or something to wear on a necklace!
    Lauren | OhHay Blogs!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Designed by FlexyCreatives