Review - Cocofina Coconut Oil*

Saturday, 26 July 2014
Coconut Oil is a product that has done the rounds on so many beauty blogs etc. it's a product I have been wanting to use for a long time. So when I was given the opportunity to choose some products from the Cocofina range (see my other review here) coconut oil was at the top of my list. Although Coconut oil is often used with baking/cooking I only wanted to use it for beauty related purposes. I'm not sure how many of you have used Coconut oil before but the product is a white solid that melts when it comes into contact with your skin. 

Ways I've been using Coconut Oil:

As a make up remover - after using baby wipes for as long as I've worn make up to remove it and since learning that wipes are (apparently) bad for your skin (someone fill me in on why because I am yet to know) I wanted a natural way to remove my make up. A while back I did ask around on twitter to see what people would recommend and the majority replied with Coconut oil. When I use it, I scoop a little up in my fingers and dab it in areas across my face and then I start to rub as the oil melts. Since its an oil it is really delicate and gentle on my skin and it does an amazing job of lifting my make up off including my mascara and eyeliner! It can get a little messy if you use too much!

Oil pulling - ever since I heard about this trend I've been wanting to try it, I've done it before with Olive oil but prefer using Coconut Oil due to the taste being sweeter. I'm tying to do this most nights when I can, I haven't noticed any difference in my oral hygiene at the moment but I'm hoping there will be some kind of improvements.  

Hair mask - I tend to have quite dry hair and Coconut oil is meant to be perfect for softening the hair so I thought I would use it as a hair mask. I ended up having a late shower and I thought I had washed all the product out, after falling to sleep with wet hair I woke up with such oily hair, the oil hadn't come out after shampooing and conditioner so I had to spend the day at work with horrible hair and it was bad! Next time I'll have to make sure I'm not doing anything the next day just in case, anyway after washing it out again my hair was left super soft.

Body moisturiser - if someone told me how soft Coconut oil makes you skin feel I doubt I would have tried so many body butters etc. and since it's an oil it spread evenly over the body and you only need a tiny amount.

I'd love to hear how you use coconut oil or if you would consider buying it? I was always a bit hesitant at first because I was never sure which brand to use, to buy organic etc. but I'm really impressed with this oil from Cocofina and will buy again, I've been using the oil for around a month and I'm only a quarter of a way into the jar which is quite suprising to say how often I use the stuff! 

*This product was sent to me for reviewing purposes, all thoughts and opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds good! I haven't tried this but may pick it up as a body moisturiser - let us know how you go with the oil pulling too, would be interested to see if you notice any differences! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oil pulling just sounds repulsive! My face is too oily to want to use an oil based cleanser but I might consider using it as a body moisturiser. I do love the smell of coconut though.

    Caroline
    www.puttingyourlifeinorder.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top