Review - Crafty Creatives box 25, Lino Cutting.

Tuesday, 19 August 2014
Crafty Creatives is a monthly subscription box that sends a new craft to your door each month (£15 + £2.95pp) This months craft is Lino Cutting! I was really excited about this months box, lino cutting is something I have wanted to try for a while! My Dad was telling me how he remembers doing this in school and making all kinds of shapes, its fairly unusual for my Dad to talk about crafting with me but I think this box brought lots of memories back. 



What was inside:
One lino brayer (the roller) One baren (the flat round device with the handle) three sheets of softcut lino in various sizes, two discs of softcut lino and one tube of black printing paint. I think this months contents its well worth the money, the instructions weren't the easiest to follow so I did look on google to make sure I was doing it right, we were also provided with four cutters (one being a safety cutter) and I did find it hard to distinguish which cutters were used for what. 

To say this was my first time lino cutting I was a little bit brave with the design I chose to do, and terrified it would come out wrong. I opted to do a Peter Pan design using the medium sheet of softcut lino. After tracing/reversing the design I started to scratch away, asking my family if they could tell who it was (thankfully they could) it did take me a long time to finish and it isn't 100% perfect but I'm happy with it. Once I had done, I printed of some chapters from Peter Pan to use as my background. Here are the results!




Some prints came out better than others, but I really am happy with them. I have a few ideas for what I could use the rest of the lino sheets for but I'd love to hear what you would make? Or if you've tried lino cutting before, what are your thoughts?

And if by chance anyone would like a Peter Pan print then let me know (£4.00 with P&P)


9 comments:

  1. It's come out amazing! I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love these! They look amazing and love how you printed them onto book pages.You should really sell these on etsy or folksy, they'd be a hit!
    Lauren // OhHay Blogs!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thank you! I will have to try selling them!

      Delete
  3. I did this at school too! They look really good, like you've been doing them for years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I must admit I was really happy for a first attempt, I didn't think it would!

      Delete
  4. I love it! I have been debating whether to sign up for these boxes and I think you just convinced me, thank you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this brings me back to art class in school, we used to do this. I thought it was really cool and different but I found it pretty tricky :) x

    Sinead - Dreaming Again

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top