Crafty Creative box 26 - Wet Felting.

Crafty Creatives is a monthly subscription box that sends a new craft to your door each month (£15 + £2.95pp)  to view past boxes click here.

I love working with felt, and after trying a needle felting kit that was provided in a previous Crafty Creatives box, I had a feeling I would love this kit just as much. Felting works by binding the fibre of the wools together, wet felting in particular can be used to create flat objects such as coasters and 3D objects such as slippers!!
This months kit included the following - A variety of different coloured wool (and yes, it's cruelty free!) I was happy to see a mix of colours and being provided with lengthy pieces of wool. Soap flakes, bubble wrap and netting. We were also given three projects to try, the first one being a coaster, another being a seamless purse which I would love to try but I need to think about how it would close?! (you use the bubble wrap and netting in conjunction with these two project, which I am yet still to try) The last project was for a 3D felted ball. I actually did a google search on wet felting to see the kind of things people make, some had made slippers, bags, 3D cats, there was so many amazing things. After spotting a few 3D felted balls in the shape of animals that's what I decided to do. 

I made quite a few wet felted balls (I'll be posting a tutorial soon) some things I found out were the balls took a while to dry and I also struggled with getting them 100% smooth if anyone knows why/if I'm doing something wrong please let me know. One of the animals I made was this little Frog, I threaded the eyes on and ended up needle felting onto the ball with green felt and then attaching some string so he could be hung somewhere! I still feel like he is missing something, I tried adding a tongue and it didn't look right so I removed it. Someone also suggested giving him 3D feet which I wish I thought of before!! I might have to make another one with 3D feet, what do you guys think? For my first attempt I don't think I did too bad. 

I really loved this craft, it was so much fun! Have you tried wet felting before? Let me know your thoughts on this months box.
  1. Hello Hannah. So good to know you through your jprofile on the blogger. I am also glad to stop by your blog " Dainty and Ivory" and the post on it " Crafty Creative box 26- Wet Felting". Wow beautiful creation. May the Lord use your gift in bringing glory to Him. Well as I was going through your profile I came across your interest in travelling and adventures. You may like the project our church in Mumbai, India has for the young people as well as adults from the West. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 35yrs in the great city of Mumbai a city with great contast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing tot he broken hearted. We also encourage young people as wlll as adults from the West to come to Mumbai on a short term / long term missions trip to work with us during their summer/ christmas vacation. We would love to have you come to Mumbai along with your friends to work with us. One of the programs we have in the slums is to empower women in the slums, your gift of making such beautiful craft work can help many women in the slums to start such creative work by which they can earn money and live a degnified life. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. My email id is : dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. God's richest blessings on what you do. Praying for God's direction in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried wet felting but it looks really interesting! I really want to start getting some of these boxes, I'm just worried I would get to busy to ever use them! xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | Palette Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how cute your creation is - would work great as a cat toy :)

    Lizzie's Daily Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg these are so adorable! Great post!

    Jennifer x

    artstylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh that frog is just too cute :O!! :P

    Sinéad
    x

    ReplyDelete

Designed by FlexyCreatives