Creative Tag

Thursday, 25 September 2014

What am I working on?
In the last two months I've been so behind on crafting, I started decorating my room in the middle of July so all of my belonging were scattered about so I couldn't really craft, minus a few things my room is now pretty much done (we spent a lot of time waiting for new flooring to arrive!) So I can finally get back into crafting, I've pretty much just finished my latest #DICraftSwap as well as using the latest kit from Crafty Creatives, a while a go I also bought a sewing machine course which I'm hoping to look at properly when I get a chair for my room.

How does my work differ from others of its genre? 
I'm not sure if it does, the only thing I can say is that I like to try a lot of different things, different crafting techniques etc. to find what I enjoy the most, what tools I like. I like to experiment, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The thing with creative minds (or anyone) is that if you give them the same theme, materials etc. everyone will interrupt it in a different way or have their own unique technique, which is why I love creative fields so much.



How does my writing/creating process work?
When it comes to making plush animals, once I have settled on a animal I tend to do research on that animal to look at the body shape, markings etc. I then to do a rough sketch/template and cut it onto felt. Here the template will work or I'll need to alter something. If I'm trying a new craft I do a google image search to see what kind of things other people have made. When it comes to writing, I guess most of my ideas come just from my mind wandering, or I will see an image or a person etc. and create a story, I also think dreams are amazing for crazy, wonderful ideas. 


Why do I write/create?
When I was younger I was always the creative one, when it came to writing stories in English or making something I was always top of the class and getting recognised for those things. I kept a journal from a young age to jot down thoughts, things about my day etc. As I started growing up I stopped journalling and making things etc. I stumbled across blogging and it made me reconnect with my love of writing and wanting to make things. I guess I just love the idea of seeing my thoughts etc. come to life, the idea of taking a few bits of fabric and turning it into something. To me homemade gifts will always be my favourites, they are more personal and the items I tend to treasure the most. 

Talking about creativity Lauren from OhHay has started a creative chat on twitter happening every Thursday from 2030 until 2130, using #Cbloggers the first one starts tonight!!! Find @Cbloggerschat on twitter

4 comments:

  1. Lovely reading about your process and thanks for promoting tonights chat! Hope you're able to join in!!
    Lauren // OhHay Blogs!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for such a good chat!! Roll on the next one! xx

      Delete
  2. Your creations are so adorable! The elephants are so cute! I did a tag like this but blogging in general. I was always the creative one of all of my friends too and I do still love to make things but I don't have the energy to do it as much I'd like, I'd love to have a go at making a little animal though, a friend of mine is expecting so it would make a lovely baby gift. You've inspired me now!

    Hayley-Eszti

    www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, its nice to hear I've inspired you! I hope you manage to get back into making things =) xx

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top