#DICraftSwap Kawaii

This is the fifth #DICraftSwap !! I'm so happy to see that people are still interested in taking part, this is the last day to sign up for Septemeber's swap with the theme of Retro/Vintage. If you would like to take part fill in this form and send it to me (daintyandivory@yahoo.co.uk) by the end of today!!! Name: Age: (optional) Social media sites: Address: Likes/dislikes: Interests/Hobbies: What is your favourite era and why? Favourite vintage/retro items. Anything else you think might be useful? Please state if you want to ship international or not. To view past swaps click here. 

August's theme was Kawaii and I was sending to Hannah from cupcakemumma (who is hosting a Halloween swap if anybody is interested) After looking around Hannah's blog I discovered that she loves carebears, Hamsters and pink. 

kawaii crat swap







kawaii crat swap
So with that information I made the above! I bought a wooden trinket box and painted it blue then found some cobochons in the shapes of sweets, biscuits and some resembling carebears. I did have a slight problem with this, I tried out some new glue and I have no idea why but some of the tiny balls wouldn't stick or the glue never dried, but I'm really happy with how this turned out. Next I made a Hamster plush using Hannah's favourite colour Pink! I wasn't sure on how to do the eyes but with the help of fellow crafters (Rhiannon and Jenny) I settled on these.

For the gifts I found an amazing ebay store I wanted to buy everything! I ended up buying some stationery in the shape of a cute Panda and Cat sticky notes, some adorable rabbit stickers, photos corners with rainbows, koalas and bunnies on. As well as that I included some Rabbit magnets, a Panda purse and lastly a Panda rest (it's made for chopsticks but could be used for crafty purposes!) 

I had so much fun putting this one together, I think it's been my favourite so far! 

kawaii crat swap


Charlotte was sending to me and I opened my amazing parcel today!  
So the handmade items I got were this amazing pastel coloured Tortoise pin cushion, isn't he adorable? I also got a chrocheted Panda bookmark. I'm honestly so impressed with Charlotte's crochet skills, these really are amazing and items that will be used a lot! Charlotte also sent me some homemade clotted cream Fudge, I love Fudge (there was four pieces but I ate one as soon as I opened it up) this is Charlotte's first attempt at Fudge and it is so yummy, again so impressed!! I also got a cute little coaster covered in sweets and desserts. I love my Kawaii package, thank you so much Charlotte.

Remember if you want to take part in this months #dicraftswap today is the last day to sign up!!!


To view other posts click the links - Jenny, CharlotteGayle, Claire
 
  1. The trinket box you made was such a good idea! Definitely a different idea I'd never have thought of, and looks great. I've really enjoyed my first craft swap so I'll be signing up for the next one - I'll send the form back to you later on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I saw a few on pInterest co gave it a go =)

      Delete
  2. Those crafts are so cute - I'm useless at arts and crafts myself but love seeing how talented other people are.

    Lizzie's Daily Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you should really give it a go, I used to be so bad!

      Delete
  3. Oh gosh, I'm definitely going to look out for this next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you made that? It's sooo cute! I really love that panda purse too :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They very top ones =) and its cute isn't it? Really wanted to keep it!

      Delete
  5. I adore all my gifts as you know really loved this swap kawaii is my favourite thing! Thanks for mentioning my swap very kind and linking to the eBay store!x

    ReplyDelete

Designed by FlexyCreatives