Review - #LuckyDipClub Magic Forest

Tuesday, 30 September 2014
I love subscription boxes there are so many I want to sign up to and new ones being discovered quite regularly! Who ever came up with this concept, THANK YOU!! One subscription box I've been trying to get my hands on for the last couple of months is a fairly new subscription box called the Lucky Dip Club, run by Leona. Every month Leona creates a box filled with vintage, handmade and each box containing a personalised item, these boxes have been selling out fast and knowing that Septembers theme was Magic Forest I made sure I was ready to place my order, opting for the monthly payment sign up. (Find out more here)

I opened my box today.




I love pretty packaging, so I was pretty smitten when I opened the box straight away. Polka dots, ribbon, stripes and bold colours, what's not to love? Leona also included a little hand written note which adds a personal feel to the box. 




I'm not going to lie, my first initial thoughts was 'Is this it?' bearing in mind I paid £15 I thought the contents didn't match up to the price. But then I had to stop myself and take in account that the items are handmade/vintage etc. and sourced by one person!! As you can see the boxes are beautifully crafted and all come together, so after that first initial thought of thinking it was overpriced, I realised how wrong I was! It's just so pretty and magical to look at. 

The contents are - A personalised Owl brooch, with googly eyes and my initial on his belly. This isn't something I would wear but I think this is rather charming, with most brooches I have I tend to pin them somewhere in my room, I'm sure I'll find a home for this Owl some where. A wooden Fawn jewellery hanger, this is so cute, I'm not sure I want to put jewellery on it yet, I want to find a use for it to display some craft materials like scissors but we will see! A DIY kit to make a sleepy Fox face mask, this sounds so cute and I can't wait to make it. A toadstool to do list, lets face it who can ever have to much stationery? A woodland themed postcard, this will more than likely on up on my wall.

What do you think of this months box? Are you signed up?
If not Octobers theme is Lucky Diners, so if you love Donuts, Pizza's, Knickerbocker glory's you can sign up tomorrow from 7am, be warn they sell FAST!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I've never signed up for Lucky Dip but this is so cute! I really love the jewelry hanger, but I would be the same and not use it for that- probably use it for like bobby pins or something! The postcards are super cute too.
    Lauren // OhHay Blogs!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cute, I've stuck the Deer on my wall!!

      Delete
  2. Not one for me I'm afraid. Whilst I appreciate the handmade items etc. it looks more suitable for a child IMO , I mean how likely are you to wear the mask once made, and the to do list is too small for and adult/teenager - I definitely have more than 3 things to do in a day! Even if you like these items for their decorative aspects after a couple of months you will have jarring items that don't match your deco. I think your initial impressions are the ones to listen to, get yourself along to Dunelm Mill or Wilco & for £15 pick out the same number of deco/quirky items that although may not be as unique, will be bigger, to your taste and existing decor xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see where you are coming from, one to think about. Seeing what the next box is like before I cancel or not!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh you always share the cutest stuff, this box is no exception! I love the owl brooch...super cute!!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top