Review - crafting with fantastic ribbons*

Wednesday, 15 October 2014
I'm going to say the C word, Christmas! I keep trying to avoid the fact that its October (nearly November) and Christmas really is just around the corner (seriously, where did the year go?) I'm not looking forward to being cold, wearing layers and dark evenings but I guess the plus side is pretty fairy lights, fireworks and the excitement of presents! One things I would like to focus on more this year is pretty packaging and that's where Fantastic Ribbons come in handy, ribbon is perfect for decorating and they have a fantastic Christmas range.

fantastic ribbons christmas review and diy
I opted for this Santa Claus is coming to town and the do not open until 25th December ribbon which are both £2.50 for a 4.0m roll. Both of the ribbons are good quality and I love the designs/font. I'm hoping to do a few Christmas related crafts with the ribbon over the run up till Christmas, the first one I'm showing you today is using the ribbon with Christmas gift boxes.

To make you will need: 
Card with Christmas designs on.
Scissors. 
A ruler.
Glue or double sided sticky tape. 
A Pencil. 
A hole punch.
fantastic ribbons christmas review and diy
Firstly I dug out some Christmas related card, the size will depend on what shape box you want to do and the paper you have available etc. There are quite a few templates online for boxes, I ended up using this one since I wanted to do a shaped gift box. On the paper of your choosing draw out your template and cut.
fantastic ribbons christmas review and diy
Once everything is cut out begin bending and sticking everything into place depending on your template. I then used a hole punch to put holes in near the top.
fantastic ribbons christmas review and diy


I used the ribbon to tie the box together to close it. Roughly depending on the template you have chosen the project should take around twenty minutes. I plan on using this one for some chocolates or smaller gifts like jewelry.

Let me know what you think and ways you would use the ribbon.

*This item was sent to me to review/use in crafting, all thoughts and opinions are my own. 


2 comments:

  1. These are lovely - I also blog for Fantastic Ribbons and I chose the Santa Claus and the Holly and the Ivy ribbons - I am making very similar boxes for Advent Calendars - oops!
    This is how I have used a little of the Santa Claus ribbon http://solly92013.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/sant-claus-is-coming-christmassy-fantastic-ribbon-review-and-tutorial/ Ah well back to the drawing board!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =) can't wait to see your boxes and I love the scarf!!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top