Review - Sweet Cecily's make your own lip balm in Strawberry

Friday, 10 October 2014


Sweet Cecily's is a brand I've only just came across after receiving their 'Make your own Lipbalm kit' (£15.95) in the #NottsMeetSep14 goody bag. After looking at their website it is a brand that definitely appeals to me, a homegrown business using natural ingredients and pretty packaging (You can read more about Sweet Cicily's here.)

I was really excited to try this kit, I've always had dry/sore lips and only a few lip balms have actually helped soothe them. I like the fact you can actually see what ingredients are in the product. Each kit includes cocoa butter, shea butter, beeswax, calendula flowers and almond oils, flavouring, five tins and five stickers.
This kit is perfect for adults, beginners, and parents to do with their children, it's a simple and a really quick process, which involves melting everything down, adding the flavour and pouring the mixture into the containers. 
The only problem I had with the kit is when it came to pouring the mixture out of my bowl, it went everywhere so one out of five wasn't completely filled to the top. The Strawberry flavouring isn't as strong has I would have liked it to be but it's subtle. Other than that I'm really happy with this kit (excuse the poor drawing of a Strawberry) and the lip balm does leave my lips feeling nourished. 

Is this something you would try? Have you made any of your own beauty products before?

10 comments:

  1. This looks like a great kit. I am interested in making beauty products; I have ordered some ingredients to make a cheek and lip tint, can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to let me know how you get on with the lip tint, I love the idea of making beauty products too!

      Delete
  2. This looks like a fab idea and definitely something I would try. I might even buy it for a couple of my friends for Christmas :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would make a great xmas present!! x

      Delete
  3. This is so cute! Such a good idea if you feel like having a girly afternoon :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea, they have scrubs too which I want to try, perfect for girly days!

      Delete
  4. I've never thought of making my own lipgloss - what a clever idea.

    Lizzie's Daily Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds awesome, I would definitely try it! Cute strawberry :D

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you, my drawing attempts aren't amazing!!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top