We Made a Thing - Back to School!

At the beginning of August, Rhiannon asked me and Jenny if we wanted to partake in a monthly craft challenge, starting in September. We both said YES! I feel like I haven't had much time to craft for a while now, other than working on the monthly #DICraftSwap so I thought this would be a good challenge for me. 

Since we were starting the challenge of in September we settled on the theme 'Back to School.' Since I've gone back to college I wanted to make something I could take with me, something practical, I had so many ideas, and kept going back and fourth. I wanted to revamp my folder, which I started to do then got bored. In the end I opted for a pencil case, something simple and working with felt. It was inspired by this one here. Using my own templates etc.







I'm pretty sure if you know me by reading my blog only you would assume my favourite colour is pink! Oddly, it isn't, for some reason I just choose pink over everything else when it comes to making things, or design. Not entirely sure why! Anyway I went with a Dog and paw print design, fitting in with the course I'm doing, animal care. I learnt a new stitching technique, called the blanket stitch, a stitch I've been wanting to learn but after reading bad instructions on it once and failing I put it off, big mistake since it's actually pretty easy. The case is simple but I'm really happy with it!

This months theme is Autumn! To find out more on how to join along head over to Rhiannon's post here!

And if you want to take part in this months #DICraftSwap which has the theme of Woodland leave me your email in the comments and I'll send you more information! 
  1. Oh it is so cute! What is the craft swap? Sounds like an awesome idea - I'm over at jasmincharlotteblog@gmail.com x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute - what a great alternative to a pencil case.

    Lizzie's Daily Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg this is so cute! I have seen Rhiannon's creation and you guys did such a great job!! Can't wait to see what you come up with next time :)

    Also, pink is one of my favorite colors too!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thank you! Both of them did such a good job!!!

      Delete
  4. your pencil case is adorable, and it is really lovely that you made it to match the subject you are studying, I know what you mean about the colour pink too - it isnt my fave colour either but when it comes to making things or eve buying clothes I am drawn to it, must be because it i quite lovely and bright and I think very flattering really :) really wonderful job you've done there Hannah and I'm glad it will help you make more time to get crafting! ps I promise to sgn up to the Woodland craft swap soon, I am ALWAYS game - jenny xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's weird isn't it!! Pink everywhere!

      Delete

Designed by FlexyCreatives