A trip to London

I love London but with it being over a two hour car/train journey it's not a city I get to visit often and when I do it is a day trip, an early morning leaving/late night returning. One thing my city lacks is (I personally find) things to do, I love that London has so many things to offer and not feeling odd doing it on your own.. 
A few weeks a go now, me, my Mum and Sister took a day trip to go to the theatre.
We arrived at around half twelve, so the first thing we did was head to the Tower of London to see the Poppies. This was my first visit here and seeing the poppies were breathtaking and such a beautiful tribute. I'm not sure how long they are meant to stay there for but if you are in London you must go see!  Afterwards we headed to Bills! This was my first time there.. I need to try one of their Vegetarian breakfasts but on this day I had their Risotto and if I'm honest it wasn't amazing...  


So the play we had come to see was Les Misérables, this was part of my Mum's Christmas present from last year! I remember buying her the film and she watched it none stop, then it was the soundtrack every morning! I like musicals but when I sat down to watch the film for the first time I was like 'Oh my, what am I watching' the first half hour made me cringe, but I ended up loving it and sang the songs for several days after. The play was amazing its so hard trying not to compare the two, it was slightly different in parts to the film. I loved seeing how they used sets, lighting etc. to portray scenes that are easily done in the film but not on stage. Honestly it was amazing, I must admit I was a little teary eyed by the end of it. 

I wish I could go the theatre more often, let me know what your favourite shows are, I think Les Mis and The Lion King are at the top of my list!  
  1. I love a day out in London. I'm lucky that it's only a half hour journey for me. I actually went to see the poppies yesterday - gorgeous aren't they?!

    Les Mis is my favourite musical! I love the songs!

    Jenn
    Photo-Jenn-ic
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are! and they really were! xx

      Delete
  2. I live hours away from London and have never been properly I wish those poppy pictures were on postcards!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would make lovely postcards, its a shame! I personally would love to live closer to Devon etc. x

      Delete
  3. I'd love to see the poppies but it's more than three hours for me to get to London, so it's just not going to happen :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. =( if only trains were faster.. x

      Delete
  4. Oh looks like you had a good day! I loved the poppies they are lovely. I really want to see The Lion King - I love going to the theatre, I want to go more. I went to Wicked and that was good! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! You'll have to let me know if you, I really want to see Wicked, I love the book! x

      Delete
  5. Those ceramic poppies are amazing - I really wanted to see them but it looks doubtful as we're too busy :(

    Lizzie's Daily Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, hope you do get a chance x

      Delete

Designed by FlexyCreatives