#DICraftSwap Vintage/Retro and November sign up!

Saturday, 1 November 2014
It took my a while to blog about Septembers #dicraftswap, I was slightly late in posting my parcel out... I struggled with Septembers theme, I usually do a lucky dip from out of a jar or choose one I think might be interesting. I love vintage/retro items so I thought this one would be slightly easy, I was wrong! I had no idea what to make and it took me a while to come up with any ideas.

I sent to Sarah-Jane from Just a Crafty Mama, who listed some of her favourite things as Halloween, the glitz and glam of the 20's amongst other things. 



Since Sarah-Jane said she likes Halloween and with this swap meant to be arriving mid October, I thought it would be a good idea to give a Halloween related gift. I loved decorating a trinket box in the Kawaii Swap so I thought I would do it again this time, I found some free printable vintage Halloween style labels online and decoupage them onto the box, I really liked how this turned out. 



I love vintage style bottles, so I bought one with a similar style and tried to glam it up a bit with some glitzy golden beads, I also included some candles and some floral vintage style crafting paper, which  I personally find so pretty. I hope Sarah-Jane liked the items I sent her. 

Claire from Little Bohemian Butterfly sent to me, she told me I was going to be spoiled, I was already excited but when I came home to a big parcel on my bed I was even more so! 




Claire really did spoil me with lots of lovely gifts, including some sweet treats, floral magnets, thread, postcards, a notebook and a key (which has been stuck onto my wall, I love keys in decoration!) I'm also a big fan of cupcakes, I got this gorgeous metal plaque (I can picture it in my future Kitchen) and some pretty pastel cupcake decorations. 



Claire got my taste spot on with this pretty floral sewed art frame, isn't it pretty, Claire wrote a post about it here. I'm a big fan of embroidery wall art, I can't wait to put this on my wall.

To read other posts (to be added once blogged) - Claire, Sarah-Jane, Gayle, Lauren, Jessie, Claire, Jenny and to view past swaps follow the link

NOVEMBER SIGN UP WITH THE THEME OF CHRISTMAS!
So since Christmas is just around the corner Novembers theme is Xmas, this one is slightly different, since its Christmas the items you make don't necessarily have to be Christmas related, it could be an item you think the person you are sending to would like etc. Sign up closes on the 15th November with all parcels being sent by the 15th December. All swaps must include at least one handmade item and a gift with a min value of £3. Email me the form below to daintyandivory@yahoo.co.uk if you would like to take part!  
Name - Age - Address - Hobbies/Interests - Likes/Dislikes - Favourite things about Christmas - Any Christmas traditions - For Christmas I would like - Any other useful information - Happy to ship outside of the UK?  

6 comments:

  1. Love what you sent and received, all such brilliant ideas! I always want to try new things after seeing other peoples swaps. I really struggled with the theme too, it wasn't as easy as it sounded. I need to blog about mine still, hopefully this weekend. I'll definitely sign up for Decembers too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =) It really was a tricky one! x

      Delete
  2. the trinket box is so beautiful and delicate - i think it suits your blog name 'dainty and ivory' so well as well :) i do so love these craft swaps it was the best thing you starting them :) I understand your issue with craft-swap-block! I had that with the book swap and I have it with woodland (need to get on that badly!) however we always muddle through somehow :) jenny xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =) glad you like themmmmm =)) We do this one though, took me a while! I'm excited for the woodland one though!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top