A day trip to London - 'Sight' seeing and the London Eye

Friday, 29 May 2015
Next on the agenda whilst in London was going on the London eye and visiting St. James' park and Buckingham palace. We booked our London Eye tickets online and it states to que 45 minutes prior to your time slot (ours was out five.) The que was really long and didn't seem to be moving at all so we decided to que up around four, surprisingly the que moved really quick and we ended up on the London Eye at around half four! 

This is my second time on the London Eye and I honestly think it's one of those things you have to go on at least once! The views are breath-taking. (The photos aren't as good as I would've like them but my camera had died after the museum.)


If you haven't been on the eye before, each dome can fit around 30 people in with enough space to move around, there is somewhere to sit and also a photo opportunity at the end. The eye takes thirty minutes to go around which goes surprisingly quick. We went on a sunny day so we could see for miles! The London eye feels really organised and effective unlike some tourist attractions. 


After the London Eye we still had over an hour and a half to kill, so we got some food and went to sit in St. James' Park, this was the first time I've ever seen the Pelicans who were first introduced in 1664 as a gift from the Russian Ambassador. They are such beautiful animals. Once we had eaten our food we took a stroll around the park and headed towards Buckingham Palace, a lot of people seem to find the palace underwhelming but I love it every time I see it, I'm hoping next time I go to London I can do the tour inside. 

Have you ever been to London or gone on the eye? Let me know your favourite things to see and do in London! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top