Review - Remescar silicone scar stick*

One thing I really dislike about my skin and makes me loose all confidence when I'm not wearing make up are my scars, these are from acne and an accident I had when I was younger that lead me to having five stitches on my chin (I was riding a bike down a hill and thought it would be a good idea to press both of my brakes really hard resulting in me flying over the handle bars...) I've been searching forever for a product that can reduce the redness and appearance of my scars to no avail, on top of that I'm going to America this year for just over three weeks and the last thing I want to feel insecure about is my skin and feeling like I have to put foundation on just to feel confident. 
remescar silicone stick review

remescar silicone scar stick review

Remescar is a easy to apply silicone scar stick (£19.99 from boots) which can be used on scars, burn marks, stretch marks, surgery and post laser scars. I was planning on using this on some stretch marks on my thighs but since my facial scaring was more of a concern to me I've just been using the stick on them but they do have a cream for stretch marks (£24.99 from boots.) Remescar works by releasing a transparent, thin silicone base film creating a healing protective barrier, helping maintain moisture whilst healing. The aim is to reduce a scars length and height, to soften and flatten, to restore skin to a normal colour and texture. 

The product is really easy to apply, it soaks into the skin really quickly and can be worn under make up. I've been using this twice a day, once in the morning and once at night for over three weeks now. It does say to use the product for up to two months to get the best results, but also results should be noticed after 28 days. 
remescar before and after


I wasn't sure if I wanted to show before and after shots since I am really insecure about my skin, but I did take before and after shots so I could compare the differences myself. I've decided to share them because scarring is a body concern many of us may have. As you can see (I hope) this product has made a difference to my scarring and redness of my skin. My skin looks a lot clearer, scars look smaller, my skin doesn't look as agitated. 

Overall, I am really pleased with this product and it would be something I would recommend to those who suffer from scarring. 

Let me know your thoughts!

*This product was sent to be for reviewing purposes, all thoughts and opinions are my own. 


  1. Thank you for sharing this post!! I've got so many scars around my face from my bad habit of picking spots and I've been looking for a product for years to try and reduce the appearance of them to no avail. Your skin looks fantastic, the product is wonderful - and it's not really that expensive for what it is either! I'll be investing in some of this without a doubt. Have fun in America!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope if you do invest in some it works for you, I was really pleased! I never get my hopes up with products like this because so many have been a disappointment,

      Delete
  2. this looks really really good, it seems like it makes quite a difference! the stretch mark cream sounds great too, i could do with one of those x
    natasha // eyebrows, inc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has done, I was pleasantly surprised, I'm interested in trying the stretch mark cream too.

      Delete
  3. Hey, I've been using this product for a good few weeks mainly for my scars. The redness on some of my scars have reduced and I have a dark patch on my knee which has practically gone. I am pretty pleased with this product so far :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I am so glad that the product has worked for you and you can notice a difference! xx

      Delete

Designed by FlexyCreatives