A day trip to York - Minster and museum gardens.

Thursday, 16 July 2015
The one things I really loved whilst in York was the historic feel about the place, you have the castle wall, medieval buildings and the shambles. It's a shame, I don't know how many of you have ever been to Nottingham but before Broadmarsh (a shopping centre and a bad one at that) was built we had Drury Hill, which can have easily matched the York Shambles. 

Anyway whilst in York we wandered down the the Minster, the Minster is one of the largest of its kind in Northern Europe, after walking through the Shambles and arriving at the minster it made me feel like I was in a Harry Potter film.

It really was breathtaking, we had a look inside to see how much it was and it cost £10 pp to look around so we skipped that. Honestly, it is one of those buildings I could stare out for a long time and just marvel at its beauty. If anyone has been inside, let me know what you think!



I loved the amount of green spaces in York, one of them being the Museum gardens with several ruins of buildings. They also has a birds of prey day on, I couldn't miss the opportunity and got to hold a Falcon (although I not entirely sure what kind of Falcon, if anyone knows let me know) 

Overall, I really enjoyed my day in York and I would love to go back! What are your favourite things to do in York or any favourite cities you've been to?

You can find part one and part two of my day trip to York by clicking on the link.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top