Caribbean Food Week 24th - 31st August

Friday, 28 August 2015
caribbean food week
My first attempt with Caribbean food was the Jerk sweet potato curry, I wanted to make a Caribbean inspired dessert with the ingredients I was provided with, mainly the coconut milk. I read online some where that rice pudding is popular in the Caribbean, I have no idea if this is true but this is what I decided to make.

Since I had leftover rice from the curry I used that rice for the pudding.
caribbean food week

You will need:
One bag cooked rice
3 cups milk
1 cup coconut milk
3 tablespoons of sugar
Coconut flakes
1 tablespoon cinnamon 

Method
Place the rice, milk, coconut milk in a saucepan on a low heat.
Stir in the sugar, a few coconut flakes and cinnamon.
Leave on a low heat to simmer until the mixture is a thick consistency.
Serve warm with sprinkles of coconut flakes on top.

I've never been the biggest fan of rice pudding but this was yummy, it is quite sweet and my portion was on the larger side but I really enjoyed this. I can see myself making this in Winter months to warm myself up.

Have you made your own rice pudding before? 

3 comments:

  1. Great post, I like your blog maybe check out mine http://lucylikespineapple.blogspot.co.uk/
    Lucy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so delicious Hannah, in Portugal we have tons of sweet recipes with rice and even a very thin pasta. Check on google Aletria and Arroz Doce, it's behond delicious! :D

    The Vintage Owl | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top