Trek America southern sun - Day 7

Day seven - Memphis, TN to New Orleans, LA. 400 miles, 645km. 

I slept really well last night in comparison to the other nights. Today was the very long trip to New Orleans but it was worth it, the drive was nice and it's fascinating seeing the landscape change from forests to swamp lands, also on the drive down I saw my first signs of wildlife a family of deer and a black squirrel. New Orleans was one of the places I was really excited to visit thanks to tales of vampires, voodoo, witchcraft and the amazing history behind the city. 

We stayed at the French Quarter Suites, the hotel was gorgeous and it felt like luxury. Before we headed out, we relaxed by the pool whilst some of us enjoyed the comfort of the hotel room. Later on our tour guide gave us a walking tour of the French Quarter, which I fell in love with instantly the architecture is beautiful, on our way into the French Quarter we were stopped by a guy on a bike who then broke out into a rap and went though each of us, paying us all a compliment.. Welcome to New Orleans. After our walk around we went to eat food at a place called Oceana, the food was incredible! It is the first place I've been in America were they actually had a vegetarian option on the menu, I opted for Eggplant sticks and a vegetarian stew which was so good, washed down with my favourite White Russian. 

Afterwards we walked down the Bourbon street, which honestly didn't impress me too much, it reminded me of a strip you get in places like Magaluf etc. However it was fun catching beads thrown from the balcony's and listening to live music. 

Later on we went to get a tarot reading outside the St. Louis Cathedral, I can't really say whether the readings were real or accurate, a few of us had them done and said that there reading was right for them whilst some were like no. My reading was interesting but short in comparison to the others. We discussed the past, which the reader said I have had an easy life with not a lot of struggle but a lot of emotional struggle and hurt and some recently, which was accurate for me, my most emotional struggle recently being my break up .My readings fro the present and future spoke about a lot about friendships, strength and love. I was also told that I will date people but not find the 'one' yet that will happen in two years time, my career will be a long path, with lots of wealth, travelling will be stable but with travel comes wealth. I can't say if any of this will be true, but it was interesting and if I'm going to get a tarot reading New Orleans felt like the right place to do it! 

(I am going to try and make my trek america posts as detailed as possible and fit as much in as I can remember, if you have any questions about the tour ask in the comments below and I will do an FAQ at the end.

Designed by FlexyCreatives