TREK AMERICA - SOUTHERN SUN DAY 20 & 21

Las Vegas - Free day.

So after the night out in Vegas I woke up in a hotel room that wasn't my own (not in that way!) I was slight panicked because I had no idea what time it was, thankfully I woke up at 9am so I had enough time to get back to my room, have a wash etc. to go shooting.

I was slightly hungover and after the Angel's landing hike and wearing heels all night my legs were in so much pain! I was finding it so hard to walk. Six of us decided to go shooting and we got picked up from outside our hotel in a monster truck which was slightly unexpected but pretty cool. All of us decided to shoot the shotgun and have a little competitiveness of scoring the hit marks. I'm pretty sure most guys on this tour who guided us etc. was called John, here was another one and he was really friendly. He asked me where I was from, I answered Nottingham and he replied 'oh yeah, I know Shottingham' all the way in Vegas and someone knows Nottingham as that! 
John went through the safety precautions with us, told us how to hold a gun correctly etc. I've never shot a real gun before so there were nerves. I was second up, the recall jolted my hand up a little but not as much as I anticipated but my aiming was terrible and I scored around 26 points. After watching the majority of everyone else I was sure I was going to be last but the last person to shoot didn't hit a target, so thankfully for me I only came second to last. 
This photo makes it look tiny but it was huge!
After we got dropped back at the hotel we all went to do our own thing, four of us went to get food then decided to go do a bit of shopping. Even though at this point I still had plenty of money left I was still unwilling to depart from it. Once we had tired from shopping we headed back to the hotel where I pretty much passed out until we all met up for dinner. John had recommended this pizza place called Pizza Rock so we all decided to check it out, I am not the biggest fan of pizza but thought I would have one, each of us decided to share one between two because they were HUGE! To be honest it was a pretty good pizza and so filling. 

We stayed in here for a while, some of decided to do the zip line that goes across part of the old strip, we were planning on doing the one lying down but it was fully booked up until after midnight so did the one sitting down. Don't get me wrong it was fun but it lasted about a minute so a part of me feels like it wasn't entirely worth the wait. 

Las Vegas, NV to Los Angeles, CA. 270mi, 440km.

The drive to LA felt like it took forever! It was sad because this was officially our last day and a few people were leaving later on. Two of the girls came up with the idea of writing little messages about each other on a card, and keeping them anonymous so on our way to LA we spent time doing that. It was such a sweet idea and I loved reading what everyone had to say. LA is huge, it is crazy how large this city is and the time it takes to get to one part. 

We got dropped of at Hollywood Boulevard and did all the tourist stuff, taking photos of the Hollywood sign which from a distance isn't that impressive. Took photos of the stars, put our hands in imprints at Mann's Chinese theater and I put my hands in Marilyn Monroe's imprints the one I was most looking forward to seeing. Before going here lots of people had said to me they were unimpressed with LA, I can see why. It's not as glamorous as you might think. After this Phil came to pick us up, here we said bye to someone who was staying at a hostel close by whereas the hotel the rest of us were staying at took over an hour to get to from here. We said a massive, slightly awkward goodbye to Phil, then two others who were leaving us, one to spend a month in China before going home.  In the evening we went to have our last dinner together, we found the most amazing Italian near the hotel, the food was divine and we had an endless supply of bread dip in garlic, it was so good. Phil actually ended up joining us here since someone had left their phone in the van. We all left the place smelling of garlic which personally wouldn't say was a bad thing! 


To read about the rest of my Trek America tour click here.  I am going to try and make my trek america posts as detailed as possible and fit as much in as I can remember, if you have any questions about the tour ask in the comments below and I will do an FAQ at the end. 
  1. Yet another great post about America, looks like such an amazing time! To be honest, LA doesn't look all that glamorous in the photos aside from the walk of fame! Bet that was pretty amazing to see nonetheless.

    I'm looking forward to more updates :)

    Issy | MissIsGoode xox

    ReplyDelete

Designed by FlexyCreatives