CCBox44 - Make a felt mouse.

Friday, 22 April 2016
February's box touch on one of my favourite crafts, making things with felt! This box was to create a cute button mouse from the House of Zandra. The contents included instructions, felts pieces in white and blue, black thread, stuffing and of course the template. 

The project itself is perfect for beginners and wasn't difficult at all to follow, it took me a while to finish which was mainly due to time but it is a project that can be finished in a day. 
crafty creatives felt mouse









At first I wasn't 100% sold on using the black thread, I thought it was too bold. I didn't have any thread that matched the felt so stuck with it and I actually like the end result, it gives the mouse a 'rustic' look and a certain charm. I also added eyelids which in my opinion makes it slightly cuter and adds more personality. Since I wasn't fan of the black thread going around the neck (and if I was too make this again I would alter the template slightly to avoid this) I put on a bow tie, I now feel it would be completed with a top hat. 

Have you got up to anything crafty lately, let me know.

Crafty Creatives is a monthly subscription box that sends a new craft to your door each month (£15 + £2.95pp)  to view past boxes click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top