Healthy snack balls

I am a HUGE snacker and I always end up opting for junk food over more healthier options. I don't know why but when I do opt for the healthy option I am never satisfied, these healthy snack balls however left me feeling full so I didn't have the urge to immediately reach for something unhealthy. 
healthy snack balls

I made two different types, firstly fruit and nut balls and hazelnut and chocolate balls (which you can see from the picture didn't quite blend as well as the others!) They are really simple to make and shouldn't take too long. 

Fruit and nut balls:
150g Almonds
300g Mixed fruit mix
A tablespoon of coconut oil but anything sticky works e.g. agave nectar.
Decorative items such as coconut or sesame seeds. 

Place the fruit and nuts into a food processor until it starts to form into a ball, add the coconut oil (or your chosen ingredient) until everything is combined together. Roll into small balls and cover with your chosen toppings. 

Hazelnut and chocolate balls:
150g Hazelnuts
300g Dates
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon cocoa powder

This one is a little sweeter and the combination of peanut butter and cocoa powder is supper yummy! Like the first recipe combine and process the dates and hazelnuts and then add the other ingredients.

Both need placing in the fridge to set and will keep for several days. They are perfect to snack at and like I said two of these leave me feeling full and not reaching for junk food! 




  1. These sound great - I'm always reaching for unhealthy snacks, I really should whip up a batch of these to keep me on the straight and narrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so tasty! I am terrible for snacking and have an awful sweet tooth so it sounds like these might be right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete

Designed by FlexyCreatives