RHS Flower Show at Chatsworth

A couple of weeks ago now I went to the RHS Flower Show at Chatsworth, prior to this I had never been to a flower show, so I had no idea what to expect. The main reason why I went is because I didn’t have much else to do and Chatsworth is a place I have been wanting to go to for ages (although I did not get to see inside the house or gardens.) I went with my mum, aunt and grandma so it was a nice little family trip.
rhs flower show chatsworth

The weather however, was not on our side, we arrived to grey skies and a slight drizzle. The day before, many cars had ended up getting stuck in the mud due to the bad weather! Thankfully, that didn’t happen this time around. Prepared with rain coats and wellies we walked down to the entrance.

On entering we were greeted by many stores selling items for the garden, stores selling fudge, cheese and other food, clothes and more. I love these types of stalls; I more than likely could have spent hours alone wondering around these.
rhs flower show chatsworth

rhs flower show chatsworth
Most of the flowers were under several large marquees, each one filled to the brim with colourful and beautiful flowers, my favourite being the Himalayan blue poppies and the bonsai trees. I love Bonsai trees; I have had several in the past but I am so bad at keeping them alive.
Another part I liked were the displays that encourages you to grow your own herbs/food. Each plant was filled with so much aroma, my favourite being lemon. This is something I would love to do in my own garden one day. There was also this huge dome, inside it was filled with trees and exotic plants.

The main part of the show is to look at award winning garden designs, we crossed a bridge which was almost like walking through a portal to a fairy-tale world. The bridge was decorated in such a beautiful and dreamy manner, with jam jars and parrots, woven flowers and vines. It was gorgeous.  

The gardens themselves were very different, some were modern, whilst others were rustic but all were impressive. I liked the more rustic and wild ones.
We had booked into afternoon tea at three, and well it wasn’t the most organised event. I feel for the staff because they worked so hard and none of it the commotion was on them. The event had overbooked, so everything was rushed, we didn’t get what we paid for (although we did get a full refund) however, the food was good and I could eat sandwiches and cake all day. The sun finally appeared in the afternoon and we spent the last hours walking around the rest of the stalls.


It was an interesting day, and I was exhausted by the end of it. Have you ever been to a flower show before?
  1. Wow, some of those flowers are stunning!
    I don't really know much about flowers, but I do love seeing them - the pretty colours make me smile! Looks like a lovely event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This all looks absolutely stunning - I live not far from Chatsworth and contemplated going, but I wasn't sure if it would be my thing. I also love the horse trials and the Chatsworth Country Fair when it's on! They hold some amazing events

    ReplyDelete

Designed by FlexyCreatives